Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Puempel is doing just fine. Only 2 rookies have more goals than him in the AHL.

I expect him to have a big season in the AHL next year and maybe earn a call-up in the second half of 2014-15.

That 2011 draft is looking pretty fruitful:

Zibanejad
Puempel
Pageau

are all almost sure-fire NHLers

Claesson is looking better and better.

Prince is still a solid looking prospect and Dzingel and McCormick are both looking like they'll at least be good for Bingo in a year or two.

I feel that draft will be one of the most successful ever for a single team. Zibanejad Noesen (not on the team but will still make it to the NHL) puempel prince pageau claessen mccormick dzingal..and then fransoo is the one that didn't work out. Seems as though mccormick and dzingal will both be playing for Bingo. Having a whle draf class turn pro is pretty special. All have an impressive skill set.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Dzingal had a hat trick against Michigan state earlier this month

http://btn.com/2014/01/10/ohio-states-ryan-dzingel-nets-hat-trick-on-frozen-friday/

I was at a bar last night and they had the college outdoor game on with Ohio State playing. It said Dzingel was the 2nd star of the week, and that his hat trick was the first in big ten history which your article also backs up.

How the f is that possible...I know college hockey is generally low scoring, but that doesn't seem possible.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I was at a bar last night and they had the college outdoor game on with Ohio State playing. It said Dzingel was the 2nd star of the week, and that his hat trick was the first in big ten history which your article also backs up.

How the f is that possible...I know college hockey is generally low scoring, but that doesn't seem possible.
Because BIG-10 hasn't even played full season yet.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Ever since I saw Dzingel at his first camp toss a puck over the glass to a 5 year old kid I knew the kid had a good heart. Sounds trivial but since then I had a feeling about the guy at least making the NHL. We could have the next Derek Stepan on our hands.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Right now Lazar has the 2nd highest goal per game ratio in the WHL (for top 50 scorers at least).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lazar has 11 points, 5 goals, and is +9 in 6 games since coming back from the WJC. Beast.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
He will likely play for Ottawa next year. Another goal and assist. Just dominating.

Not just him, whole team is playing good. I think they are averaging 5 or 6 goals per game since WJC break.
They destroyed Driedger the other night with 5 goals in 25 minutes

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Puempel
11th overall in AHL goals(17). Tied for Rookie lead with Markus Granlund. 1 behind Hoffman(18).

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Of Hoffman, Puempel and Prince - could one of them switch over to RW. We need a LW for Spezza, but BM is not calling on Binghamton guys for that it seems, preferring to recycle the roster to fit.

We are shallow on RW after Stone as far as prospects go. transitioning one of these guys might give us a better balance. then Lazar, Zibanejad, Pageau, etc can stay at the Centre position.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Of Hoffman, Puempel and Prince - could one of them switch over to RW. We need a LW for Spezza, but BM is not calling on Binghamton guys for that it seems, preferring to recycle the roster to fit.

We are shallow on RW after Stone as far as prospects go. transitioning one of these guys might give us a better balance. then Lazar, Zibanejad, Pageau, etc can stay at the Centre position.

i think we can forget hoffman for now. there are just too many similar types with higher ceilings.
Lazar if not a center is more comfortable on the right side so you can add him to the RW pipe.
"I played all three positions in one game, which is something I've never done before. I started at left wing against the Americans and I was struggling a little bit so Sutter moved me to the right side where I feel a little more comfortable..."

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'm hoping we can get Puempel, Claesson and Wideman in Ottawa for a game or two each before the season's over.

I would love to see what Puempel could do beside Spezza. He seems to have no problem scoring at any level of play, hopefully that will continue in the NHL.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm hoping we can get Puempel, Claesson and Wideman in Ottawa for a game or two each before the season's over.

I would love to see what Puempel could do beside Spezza. He seems to have no problem scoring at any level of play, hopefully that will continue in the NHL.

I would add Petersson to that list. Would love to see the guy get one more look before he potentially bolts next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad