Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Shane Prince with 4 apples last night. Good to see his game starting to bloom.

He could bring some sorely needed speed to the Sens in the next year or so.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He really good, and would be nice to have another playmaking winger outside of Macarthur. The kids in bingo are kind of killing my desire for a trade to happen. Mainly Prince and Puempel

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
had another 3 point game tonight. 3g3a (on 10 goals total) in 2 games this weekend. mccormick also had aother goal.

buckeyes boys tearing it up.

I feel the sens think they have a real steal with that pick. Even during the videos last year I remember them talking super highly of him. And hes a right shooting center. I didn't know we still drafted those.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

i believe Sens had him in their top 30 before the draft, obviously very high on him especially being a former 67's star.

THN scouting report said that he has lots of flash but no finish, clearly not the case anymore, i think.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
i believe Sens had him in their top 30 before the draft, obviously very high on him especially being a former 67's star.

THN scouting report said that he has lots of flash but no finish, clearly not the case anymore, i think.

Never really been a finisher.

Even if he never becomes one, doesn't mean he can't be a player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Never really been a finisher.

Even if he never becomes one, doesn't mean he can't be a player.

When THN's reports came out, they were saying how he benefited a lot playing alongside Tyler Toffoli. And that he didn't have a lot of finishing ability in the pro level. Were they wrong or what.

The year after, Prince proved them wrong finishing 4th in the league in goals. He evolved his game huge and what was one of his weaknesses became a strength.

Last year in the AHL the guy was darting ridiculous snipes. This year as well.

He also has speed to burn with great puckhandling and playmaking ability. Also very good in defensive zone. Reminds me of MacArthur, tbh.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What I was gonna say. What better than 2 MacArthur's on our LWs? Add to that Puempel or a legit top six acquisition and that looks good.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
When THN's reports came out, they were saying how he benefited a lot playing alongside Tyler Toffoli. And that he didn't have a lot of finishing ability in the pro level. Were they wrong or what.

The year after, Prince proved them wrong finishing 4th in the league in goals. He evolved his game huge and what was one of his weaknesses became a strength.

Last year in the AHL the guy was darting ridiculous snipes. This year as well.

He also has speed to burn with great puckhandling and playmaking ability. Also very good in defensive zone. Reminds me of MacArthur, tbh.

I could deal with a young MacArthur.:yo: To me though his style has always reminded me of Jason Pominville.

I'd be OK with a Pominville too. :D

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Prince vs. Puempel

who's is going to be a better player?

Totally different players. Ones a speedster playmaker. the other is a pure goalscorer. Both have a high compete level. tipping point for puempel for me is that hes getting pretty big and filling out. coupled with improved skating I think he can hit 25-30 goals in the NHL.
vote: puempel
preference: both of them

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This being said, I think in three years will be our window
Oreilly-healthy spezza-Hoffman/stone
Macarthur turris Ryan
Prince/conacher - zibanejad- lazar
someone. someone. Robinson

Heavily over priced UFA defencman-karlsson
cowen wier
boro/claessen-ceci

Lehner

Methot, smith and a 1st for oreilly
Wrong thead

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
lazar is the type of player this team needs. replace all the players on the current roster with lazars and we're much better.

i'd say it's 70/30 he makes it next yr.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Whose spot does he take though?

We have Ryan, Condra, Neil on RW officially, with Zibanejad playing RW at times but the organization clearly sees him at C.

Does that mean he plays top-six?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Whose spot does he take though?

We have Ryan, Condra, Neil on RW officially, with Zibanejad playing RW at times but the organization clearly sees him at C.

Does that mean he plays top-six?

im seeing him on conacher-zibanejad-lazar.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
me too but what happens to condra and neil then?

none of them should be playing top six so unless they're alternating, which I doubt, I don't see how that happens.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
me too but what happens to condra and neil then?

none of them should be playing top six so unless they're alternating, which I doubt, I don't see how that happens.

I think we probably find greening back with spezza and an acquisition
condra smith neil

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm pretty sure Condra will be on the outs. He's a pretty good 4th liner, but Lazar is also good defensively, is more physical, and isn't nick-named stone hands.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure Condra will be on the outs. He's a pretty good 4th liner, but Lazar is also good defensively, is more physical, and isn't nick-named stone hands.

I would get rid of greening way before I get rid of condra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad