Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Didn't Hoffman accept a two way 1 year deal to prove himself this year?
Didn't SDC decline a two way deal as he thought he had proven himself but had not really proven much at NHL level?

I might be mixing things up but looks like they were treated pretty much the same there and SDC chased more money as he thought he was better compared to what management felt.

Yessssss finally.
I know people are annoyed that Da Costa didn't get a better chance last year, but he has to be held accountable for his actions as well.

Hoff stayed the course, got his chances and capitalized. Da Costa could have too but he went to chase the mighty rubles.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
While Wideman and Claesson both deserve an audition I doubt either of them get a chance unless some guys get either hurt or dealt. Which is unfortunate.

They're on Murray's radar to bring up, he mentioned them in his latest interview as players he wanted to bring up for a look.

We do need to have the space though.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
While Wideman and Claesson both deserve an audition I doubt either of them get a chance unless some guys get either hurt or dealt. Which is unfortunate.

I have to think one DMan will get dealt... only DMen I would say are "safe" are Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Borowiecki, and maybe Gryba. Cowen, Phillips, Wiercioch could all be dealt.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Gryba is a very solid bottom pair dman. It should be very easy to trade him, but i wouldn't.

Weir is useless, and needs a fresh start. Maclean ruined him.

Phillips is untouchable.

BigBush*

Gryba is a very solid bottom pair dman. It should be very easy to trade him, but i wouldn't.

Weir is useless, and needs a fresh start. Maclean ruined him.

Phillips is untouchable.
There are lots of really good bottom pairing Dmen on good teams. Gryba can play the role ok as a bottom pairing Dman, but I wouldn't call him very solid. He's certainly expendable

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have to think one DMan will get dealt... only DMen I would say are "safe" are Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Borowiecki, and maybe Gryba. Cowen, Phillips, Wiercioch could all be dealt.

Well I'd say that definitely one will be moved from now until next September. We definitely won't roll eight again. It still would be hard to give Claesson or Wideman a shot unless there were a couple of injuries. I think you could add Gryba to that group. I think management would move him before they move Cowen, unless their was a good package coming back for him. I still think management has hopes for Cowen to pan out.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Well I'd say that definitely one will be moved from now until next September. We definitely won't roll eight again. It still would be hard to give Claesson or Wideman a shot unless there were a couple of injuries. I think you could add Gryba to that group. I think management would move him before they move Cowen, unless their was a good package coming back for him. I still think management has hopes for Cowen to pan out.

Yeah actually forgot that Wideman was an RD. In that case I would put Gryba firmly in that group. I included Cowen in the unlikely case that we actually make a move for an impact player before the offseason.

PizzaPizza12

Jul 25, 2009
Ottawa
I've been impressed with Tobias Lindberg's numbers this year, though I've still never seen him play. Seems like a guy who could have a real shot at our roster in the next few years if he keeps it up. I was wondering (since I'm lazy and incompetent) if somebody could come up with a list of comparable 19year Olds in the CHL this season and see where he stacks up? It'd be interesting to see some of the other NHL prospects he's close to.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I've been impressed with Tobias Lindberg's numbers this year, though I've still never seen him play. Seems like a guy who could have a real shot at our roster in the next few years if he keeps it up. I was wondering (since I'm lazy and incompetent) if somebody could come up with a list of comparable 19year Olds in the CHL this season and see where he stacks up? It'd be interesting to see some of the other NHL prospects he's close to.

He's 15th in under 20 production in the OHL. He's ranks favourably with players who were drafted in the 2nd round in production in his draft but he does play on the best team in the OHL. He benefits from the Oshawa PP and playing with some good players.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?season=2014&leagueid=OHL&nation=&sort=u20

Do him Cassels and Del Colle play on a line? If hes does hes the third wheel on that line it would seem. His 8 penalties minutes make him look kinda soft for his physical ability.

Had Oshawa been playing in the WHL this season and maintined to be the elite team that they re i imagine he's be ranked 10-20th in league production for under 20 year olds.

Heres the ohl stats for each player from his draft year. http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft.php?year=2013&sort=nation&nation=&dteam=&Leaguename=OHL

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
From what I've seen of lindberg (2 games) he's that perfect size and speed to dominate junior. He can move for a big man. But his game is going to have to evolve to make a spot in the pros. Most people are big and fast in the NHL / AHL going to have to get ALOT more physical and learn how to play a checking role. Tis what the minors are for.

Question. Is he eligible for bingo next year?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
From what I've seen of lindberg (2 games) he's that perfect size and speed to dominate junior. He can move for a big man. But his game is going to have to evolve to make a spot in the pros. Most people are big and fast in the NHL / AHL going to have to get ALOT more physical and learn how to play a checking role. Tis what the minors are for.

Yupper. Same age as lazar.

Lindberg, Wikstrand, Harpur and possibly Hogberg and Englund are all poised to make the jump. I'm sure theres quite a few others who might find themselves in bingo next year.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"Biancosaurus":

Since this question seems to come up over and over again:

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
"Biancosaurus":

Since this question seems to come up over and over again:

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

I could be wrong then. I dont know his exact date of birth

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I could be wrong then. I dont know his exact date of birth

"Vesa Awesaka":

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 215 [191 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Ottawa Senators
- round 4 #102 overall 2013 NHL Entry Draft

..........There you go......................

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
"Vesa Awesaka":

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 215 [191 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Ottawa Senators
- round 4 #102 overall 2013 NHL Entry Draft

..........There you go......................

So... no AHL for him then lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad