GDT: Senators @ Maple Leafs| 7:00PM EDT| CBC, TSN1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well Im not sure how the Leafs only had one penalty in that game, but it is what it is. The Sens had the lead and they let the game slip away. This one is on them.

Tired in the third in the second half of a back to back or not. Gotta have this one.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The shootout just seems really unfair to me. Isn't hockey suppose to be a team game? Why end a game in a skills competition? It is totally unfair to some goaltenders and players to have shootouts. I wish they would get rid of it.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Only thing worse than the refs was our team's performance. What the **** is it with Toronto, same old story, same thing as last year. Blowing a two goal lead late in the second period. Completely boneheaded, Phaneuf-like play by Methot on the tying goal to skate by the puck to take the man.

Thank god we got one point, after throwing the game away. The play after scoring the fourth goal was disgusting.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Use the refs if you want, god knows the calls were lopsided, but ultimately the Sens didn't play well enough... both teams have more to offer than what we saw tonight

And to reiterate what others said, 3/4 points isn't bad... I was hoping to .500 through our 6 game season starting road swing... we're already half way there

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
This is a ****ing joke, how can a team have 6 pp's and the other only 1, but this is nothing new for us, the refs always seems to screw us. How many team can win a hockey game when the pp opportunities are 6 to 1 for the other team? To me this is a disgrace, the refs decided that they wanted Toronto to win and they did.

I don't think the count has to be even at the end of the game.

That said, there were a lot of ****** calls and non-calls. Poor officiating, 6-1 or 3-3 is unacceptable.

Poor play by the Sens, too. But the refs managed to tilt the ice and that's not right.

SenatorsHockey

Sweet hockey body
Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
Refs handed the Leafs 6 powerplays while we got one, and watching the game there is no way that makes any sense. Had the reffing been consistent this would have never gotten to OT.

Eh, we all know it happens (not saying it's right) but the defensive coverage was pretty horrid all game long and just too many players were either non-factors or playing poorly. Aside from 5 minutes when the game was tied at 4, we played like balls.

I do recognize that's it's only 2 games in so hopefully these issues will sort themselves out.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The refs missed a couple calls on Ottawa, and a couple calls on Toronto, mainly Conacher getting mugged in the final few minutes in the third.

I couldn't really give a **** about officiating this game, it's far more important that we learn how to play defense.

John Holmes*

The Sens stopped skating when they went up 4-2.

Every time they do that, they lose.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only thing worse than the refs was our team's performance. What the **** is it with Toronto, same old story, same thing as last year. Blowing a two goal lead late in the second period. Completely boneheaded, Phaneuf-like play by Methot on the tying goal to skate by the puck to take the man.

Thank god we got one point, after throwing the game away. The play after scoring the fourth goal was disgusting.

I don't think it's ever going to change. We've had enough turnover in personnel that it shouldn't be in the collective heads of the guys anymore.

Sad thing is, even though the guys were pretty brutal, it was a winnable game, if the damned refs would've called their little darling team for the penalties they deserve.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously every single Ottawa Senator should just do spin-o-ramas every shootout until they remove it. Regardless if it works or not just spin spin spin spin.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Bright side is that we got a point even though we played like garbage. Also, that second line is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad