GDT: Senators @ Leafs 7PM Sportsnet/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Defensively, the thing that worries me the most isn't our group of Defenseman.....But our defensive style and structure.

That fully falls on the coaching staff. Not claiming that Babcock is a bad coach, but when I see other playoff teams play...their "team defense" is so much better than ours.

Obviously, I understand that adding a top 4 Dman would go a long away, but I'm starting to think something is tactically wrong as well in terms of formation

Reactions: ToMaLe and glue

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Habs and Sens are very similar teams. Both of them are totally devoid of upper end talent. Leafs need to be ready because I am sure the Sens will be amped for this game.

Its ironic when you see teams like these - and they out compete higher skilled teams just due to completely buying into the system the coaches bring.
The habs the other game were way more organized and had a structure of pass lanes. Thats it. Nothing extra.

The leafs seemed to have forfeited Babs system sometimes, and just go on Improv plays, and everyone goes for that opening - but when its turned over, noone is in position anymore.

Exciting to see, but in no way should a team like the Leafs be hemmed in their zone for 3-4 minutes by the Habs/Ottawa.

We're skilled so we covered up the mistakes, but hey... Game 1, still workin out the kinks - I trust Babs to iron these out by week 3

GLG!!!!

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto

Babcock says Hainsey is the only guy upto speed everyone one is still catching up. What the hell did I miss the last game? I watched the entire game - did I miss something regarding Hainsey?

"Hainsey is the real only guy who's, in my mind, is kinda is where he is at and the rest of them have to improve for us to have success"

It could have been a shot at Hainsey, depending on how you read into that comment.

Reactions: Confucius

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Found Matthews interview on tsn today interesting

"We don't necessarily have to work harder. We need to work smarter "

Contrasts a bit with what Babs preaches (ie placing work ethic in front of skill)
I know sometimes it's confusing to some what the message is. Babs preaches that skills alone won't let you reach your maximum potential.

Work ethic IN ADDITION TO (not instead of) your skills makes you a complete NHL player ... Auston should have said "continue to work harder, also be smart about it".

Reactions: Crazy Monkey

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
"Hainsey is the real only guy who's, in my mind, is kinda is where he is at and the rest of them have to improve for us to have success"

It could have been a shot at Hainsey, depending on how you read into that comment.
No room to improve because he can't? Lol. I get what your saying though, he's a vet who won't be reinventing himself. All the rest are young still and probably still have new tools to add to their toolbox.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Yep exactly I took it to mean Hainsey is as good as he can get. No hope for improvement at this stage of his career.

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener

Babcock says Hainsey is the only guy upto speed everyone one is still catching up. What the hell did I miss the last game? I watched the entire game - did I miss something regarding Hainsey?

Wtf are you talking about. He said Hainsey is a finished product, he is who he is, everyone else is still developing.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
hnic-ott-at-tor-van-at-cgy-ottawa-at-toronto-vancouver-at-calgary.jpg

Hockey Night in Canada: Free live streams on desktop & app

CBC Sports has free Hockey Night in Canada games on desktop, app | CBC Sports
You can't stream this over Rogers internet if you don't subscribe to the pay cable station that also carries the game.

I should make a complaint to the CRTC, but it's easier just to work around it.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Only three pages yet? Wow, the enthusiasm didn't last long.

I'm sure they'll play much better tonight, have fun, I'll watch it in the morning.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We already have some interesting story lines developing. Dermott moving into top 4, Hainsey declining? Leivo and Kadri finding chemistry? Brown down the lineup, Kap up? Oz reliable?

Also, the new reality this year is everyone getting up to play us, don't suspect many easy nights.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
We already have some interesting story lines developing. Dermott moving into top 4, Hainsey declining? Leivo and Kadri finding chemistry? Brown down the lineup, Kap up? Oz reliable?

Also, the new reality this year is everyone getting up to play us, don't suspect many easy nights.

Hopefully preps us better for the playoffs :thumbu:

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Im expecting a higher scoring game for the leafs tonight.

My main focus on watching the game besides winning will be solely on Hainsey aka Hainsolak or Polainsey. He looked literally terrible out there the first game and preseason. Doesnt skate for pucks instead waits for the oppenent to get the puck then he tries to angle himself near that oppenent because hes so slow. He looks like he fell of a cliff but I never use a 1 game sample size so we shall see. My eyes will be glued to his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad