GDT: Senators@Leafs 7:30 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sens and Leafs game are normally always close and hard fought. Anybody expecting some sort of blow out or domination is likely going to be somewhat disappointed.

We've been pretty good lately, so I'm hoping we can keep that going,

I don't know, I'll very disappointed if this is another 2-2 game that goes to a shootout. This Ottawa team is BAD.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
With a bigger than 2 game sample size.
Seeing how he has only played with Zaitsev and Carrick the past few years, there isn't much more to look at. I think he'd look much better with a reasonable partner. Would be interesting to see Hainsey next to him for a bit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If only two goalies go from the Atlantic, it's not shocking that Freddy isn't one of them (even though he's been the 2nd best goalie in the division)/

After Vasilevsky being the obvious best one, Price is literally the only all-star Montreal can send. Plus Rask has had this hot-streak right before the break where he's been amazing - recency bias.

When it comes to defenseman though, the only one other than Karlsson (who is obviously Ottawa's one player) that should be in the conversation for the 3 best defenseman in the division with Rielly is Hedman (Tampa should already be sending Kuch/Stamkos/Vas). It would feel like a gigantic snub not including Rielly.

DET Rep will probably be Mike Green. Simply due to the fact that BUF and FLA don’t really have any D to send.

TB- Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Hedman
TOR- Matthews
MTL- Price
OTT- Stone, Karlsson
DET- Green
BUF- Eichel
FLA- Barkov

That’s my guess.

You could remove Stone and Green, and add in Rielly and Larkin I suppose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Borgman and Carrick now rotating.

Polak is a regular.

Anyone expecting him to come out of the lineup when Zaitsev comes back, are in for a shock.

Anyone expecting him to come out if the Leafs acquire a d-man at the deadline, are in for a shock.

I truly believe that Babcock sees him as the teams #4, only behind Rielly, Hainsey, and Zaitsev. And no, I’m not forgetting Gardiner.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The most hilarious thing is polak's spot isn't even up for grabs apparently. Absolutely insane
I try to not be too critical of Babcock or throw out insults cause I still believe he is the best coach in the league, but he really is coming across as a f***ing imbecile with this decision. What he sees in this neanderthal I will never understand.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I try to not be too critical of Babcock or throw out insults cause I still believe he is the best coach in the league, but he really is coming across as a ****ing imbecile with this decision. What he sees in this neanderthal I will never understand.

Polak in the lineup, and Komarov in OT and on the PP are two decisions I just can’t understand.

Komarov is still an excellent shut down player, but clearly doesn’t have the offensive touch he once did to play in those spots.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Polak in the lineup, and Komarov in OT and on the PP are two decisions I just can’t understand.

Komarov is still an excellent shut down player, but clearly doesn’t have the offensive touch he once did to play in those spots.
Yeah agreed. I have no problem with Komarov in a 4th line role, he would bolster our 4th line a lot actually. I'm surprised we haven't tried him at 4C, he's shown he can play C adequately in the past. He should never touch the ice in OT or for a PP though, like ever.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm all for rotating players... but I think it's pretty clear that Dermott even on the right side is better than Carrick and Polak by a pretty big margin.

It should be Borgman, Polak, and Carrick who rotate between the remaining 2 spots. Or ideally, just rotate Polak and Carrick until Zaitsev comes back.

Reactions: LeafalCrusader

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
DET Rep will probably be Mike Green. Simply due to the fact that BUF and FLA don’t really have any D to send.

TB- Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Hedman
TOR- Matthews
MTL- Price
OTT- Stone, Karlsson
DET- Green
BUF- Eichel
FLA- Barkov

That’s my guess.

You could remove Stone and Green, and add in Rielly and Larkin I suppose
Remove Karlsson, add Rielly.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Polak does what no other defensemen on this team can do. 1.Clear the front of the net 2. Intimidate opposing forwards in the corners 3. Defend Anderson 4. Block Shots 5. Penalty kill. (Alright Hainsey is probably just as good) Polak brings more to this lineup than what the other guys can bring

Reactions: Coachcorner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad