Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Islanders - Dreamburger goalie edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Same time, its painfull to watch Zibby when speed is needed.
Perfect road/back to back game again. Thats coaching. Thing we miss in MacLean era.
Hammond as starter is nobrainer here. And i would be very angry, if Karlsson not at list in final three for Norris.

Zibanejad can keep up with anyone. Speed is anything but a concern.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I kind of disagree that the team played well in this one. Hamburglar stole the hamb... game for us. Of course we didn't allow any breakaways, but that's the result of being in our zone all the time, especially those scary times our 4th line was out.

Michalek - Turris - Stone was our best line. All three played well. Turris was very sharp. Michalek busted his butt, just no finish unfortunately. Stone just keeps making the right play and is so good with the puck; he just makes me smile.

About Matt Puempel: isn't it interesting that the two goals (in fact the two points) he has scored have been on the rare moments where he wasn't on the 4th line with the plu... I mean with Legwand and Chiasson? I want to move him to the third line to play with Condra and Pageau. Plays go to die on Lazar's stick right now. When MacArthur is back (let's hope soon), I want to sit Chiasson and go with:

Puempel - Pageau - Condra
MacArthur - Legwand - Lazar

Which should give some balance to our bottom lines.

They beat one of the best teams in the NHL on the road after a back to back and the shots/scoring chances were about even. Yes they absolutely played well.

You dont change a damn thing they are playing well. If MacArthur comes back then there is an adjustment.

I dont think you touch Condra Pageau Lazar its been the most consistent line on the team.

Id make this change when Mac gets back.

Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
MacArthur Turris Stone
Condra Pageau Lazar
Puemple Legwand Michalek

BigBush*

Michalek-Turris-Stone have been good. I'd ease MacArthur back into the line up on the fourth line. Puempel has been decent but id sit him for a game for Mac-Legwand-Chiasson

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Milo-Turris-Stone looks better with Milo replacing Mac. Dunno where that leaves MacArthur.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Mac will be better fit on that line than Milo. Mac was basically best player on that line for first 20 games of season then the entire line slumped and it just has been rejuvenated after brilliant play by Stone and Turris getting game back. Milo has been real good too but Mac will be better on that line, imo.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Smith is our only C that knows how to win a face-off. We will need him in the line-up for the playoffs if we make it.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Smith is our only C that knows how to win a face-off. We will need him in the line-up for the playoffs if we make it.

He was good at one time, this season:

Pageau - 49.6%
Turris - 48.8%
Zib - 47.7%
Lazar - 47.2%
Legwand - 47.1%
Smith - 44.6%

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Smith was literally our worst faceoff guy this year before getting hurt, and he will be coming off of a brutal wrist injury.

Between his low faceoff stats and a bum wrist, I don't see how he will be a difference maker In that regard.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Smith was literally our worst faceoff guy this year before getting hurt, and he will be coming off of a brutal wrist injury.

Between his low faceoff stats and a bum wrist, I don't see how he will be a difference maker In that regard.

are any of the old farts ready to come back and jinx our streak?????

hope not

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Mac will be better fit on that line than Milo. Mac was basically best player on that line for first 20 games of season then the entire line slumped and it just has been rejuvenated after brilliant play by Stone and Turris getting game back. Milo has been real good too but Mac will be better on that line, imo.

No chance! Mac was a major part of the problem with that line, and he was playing colder than Milo when he went down. We have three lines that work, Mac can come in on the fourth line subbing out Chiasson, who is basically a place holder right now based on his play.

Milo is playing better right now (for the last 25 games) than Mac ever has, no changes please.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
are any of the old farts ready to come back and jinx our streak?????

hope not

This is what worries me. I don't think it's a coincidence that we're playing better without the "veterans". Our bottom 6 has actual impact on the game now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No chance! Mac was a major part of the problem with that line, and he was playing colder than Milo when he went down. We have three lines that work, Mac can come in on the fourth line subbing out Chiasson, who is basically a place holder right now based on his play.

Milo is playing better right now (for the last 25 games) than Mac ever has, no changes please.

I don't agree with him either & also think MacArthur will likely replace Puempel in the lineup & play with Legwand & Chiasson. I doubt they will give up on Chiasson this yr & at least give him another yr unless someone specifically wants him as part of a summer package, we'll see.

MacArthur adds more speed to the third line & unlike Puempel he can carry the puck more & is also a bit of a puck distributor something that line desperately needs. I could these three doing well together & producing some much needed secondary scoring from the bottom 6.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't agree with him either & also think MacArthur will likely replace Puempel in the lineup & play with Legwand & Chiasson. I doubt they will give up on Chiasson this yr & at least give him another yr unless someone specifically wants him as part of a summer package, we'll see.

MacArthur adds more speed to the third line & unlike Puempel he can carry the puck more & is also a bit of a puck distributor something that line desperately needs. I could these three doing well together & producing some much needed secondary scoring from the bottom 6.

Totally agree. I think they will probably stick with Chiasson, but it might be mnore effective to have the young triggerman riding shotgun to the veteran centre and speedy winger.

Could be a solid line.

Not that I'm willing to just give up on him, but Chiasson doesn't really look to be doing anything out there. It's like he's completely neutral as a player, except for his penalties. If he stood out at SOMETHING I'd be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad