Sportsnet: Senators have options with three first-round picks in deep NHL Draft

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
For the better part of a year, the fan base of the Ottawa Senators has existed in a kind of netherworld, a pandemic purgatory in which the fans in Canada’s capital cling to a vague concept that there is still an NHL team in the city.

It is a team that hasn’t played a single game in more than six months — and likely won’t play another until sometime next year.

The one event that has kept Ottawa fans engaged — the NHL draft — has been booted around like a coronavirus-shaped football, before finally coming to rest in early October, a month usually associated with the start of the regular season.

Senators have options with three first-round picks in deep NHL Draft - Sportsnet.ca

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Posted this in another thread, but I have three predictions for draft day:

• We pick Stutzle at #3
• We pick Sanderson at #5
• One of Jake DeBrusk or Alex Tuch will be acquired for a package containing the NYI 1st and our early 2nd round pick (I believe both Boston and Vegas are eyeing Pietrangelo). If we can't land either of them, we'll trade a lesser package for Jordan Greenway.

If that takes place, we should all be very excited on October 7th.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Posted this in another thread, but I have three predictions for draft day:

• We pick Stutzle at #3
• We pick Sanderson at #5
• One of Jake DeBrusk or Alex Tuch will be acquired for a package containing the NYI 1st and our early 2nd round pick (I believe both Boston and Vegas are eyeing Pietrangelo). If we can't land either of them, we'll trade a lesser package for Jordan Greenway.

If that takes place, we should all be very excited on October 7th.

October 7th 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad