• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Penguins have the most entitled fanbase of all 32 in the league. That's what happens when you go from Lemieux, Jagr, etc. to Crosby, Malkin etc.

The amazing thing is that these people abandoned their team in the intervening years when they sucked, forcing the NHL and Lemieux to save the franchise from relocation. At lot has changed economically in Pittsburgh in the last 25 years, but I'm still intrigued to see the Penguins attendance when Crosby and Malkin are gone and the team (hopefully) is a bottom feeder once more.

I lived in Pittsburgh for two years, one of those years they Penguins were an 8 seed (14-15). Even if they are frontrunners they are much more passionate about the Penguins when they're good than New Yorkers are about the Rangers when they're good.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Something that is telling in this series is how slow Brent Bruns is now. He was an elite end skater for a player his size, but that ability is gone now. Kind of similar to how we saw Ovechkin last series. Kreider went from 2 step behind to 2 steps in front of him on that SHG.

Their right side is him, Jalen Chatfield, and Tony No D Angelo. It's a glaring weakness for the roster. We might bitch about Trouba and Lindgren, but the stuff in front of our own net isn't where they struggle. They really miss Pesce.

I'm also sorry, I don't care how well he has played, his point total, but Brady Skjei is not striking any fear in me. Neither is Orlov. Slavin is the one guy on their backend that possesses above average abilities across the board and high end level defense.

How anyone could pick this team with their centers and right side and goalie when stacked against our centers right side and goalie is just idiotic on that alone

Reactions: Siddi

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not having a true high-end defenseman is the biggest problem with them on paper.

Burns is cooked. Skjei, Chatfield, and Orlov are all fine. DeAngelo is a loser. Pesce is fine. Slavin is as good as it gets defensively but their problems are scoring big goals and the powerplay.

Skjei, Pesce, Chatfield, DeAngelo all UFA's this summer. Slavin, Burns and Orlov all UFA's next summer. That's their entire defense. Every one of them. Skjei, Pesce and Slavin will definitely get $'s and term. Orlov and maybe Chatfield should do alright too. Burns might retire. DeAngelo well whatever. A question is who they'll be able to keep and it's not going to be everybody. They could lose 3/4/5 of them. Carolina will have to find $'s and term for Jarvis and Necas too. They've been a cheap organization kind of and it's not going to last and I think they're going to have a very difficult time holding their team together and being near as good as they have been in the next couple years. This year is their best shot and their window might close in the near future depending on how they manage personnel and cap in the next couple years and retaining Brind'amour might also be a question particularly if they go out in the next game or two. Perhaps the Devils will rise again but with the team the Rangers have we should control the Metropolitan for the next couple/three years anyway.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It seems like you're one of the people who takes mild criticism as an emotional rant.
Haha, I mean if your baseline is on that side of the posting spectrum to start, then I can see how you a further deviation is only “mild criticism” from your perspective.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Haha, I mean if your baseline is on that side of the posting spectrum to start, then I can see how you a further deviation is only “mild criticism” from your perspective.
When have I been super down on the team this year or had an emotional rant? Give me an example.

There are two that I can think of. One, calling out people treating this series like we were playing an AHL team, which I stand by and I'll say the same the next series. Two, mocking people for being cowards about playing the Lightning, which was actually in support of the team.

I was super down on the team last year, and they had a fairly embarrassing exit from the playoffs, so yeah.

Reactions: Atax

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
ya'll rangers just won 7 playoff games in a row
don't fight amongst yourselves
That's what I wanted to do.

Give people a break for dumping on Panarin, they just wanted to win like everyone else.

Nah, we gotta dig up a skeleton.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Not having a true high-end defenseman is the biggest problem with them on paper.

Burns is cooked. Skjei, Chatfield, and Orlov are all fine. DeAngelo is a loser. Pesce is fine. Slavin is as good as it gets defensively but their problems are scoring big goals and the powerplay.
Aside from Tony all of their defenseman on the powerplay have the 2006 power play QB syndrome where they can’t distribute or play the point with any purpose at all. Just slowly methodically move the puck to the wall players with no deception, pivoting, zero threat at all.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
While it didn't show on the scoreboard, I thought Chytil brought more offensive ability to the 3rd line (as we expected). They will score at some point if Lavy keeps them together.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
While it didn't show on the scoreboard, I thought Chytil brought more offensive ability to the 3rd line (as we expected). They will score at some point if Lavy keeps them together.
Chytil was always a bit of an enigma in the media and on the ice, but I feel like this injury and the recovery from it put some kind of fear into him. From what I saw, he's never been happier.

Reactions: LOFIN

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'd go with the winner of Dall-Col.
A lot of the talking heads/so called experts picked the canes to hoist the cup.
The buzz was their depth/special teams were unparalleled.

But I agree with you, I’m not really afraid of Bos or Fla.
Bobrovsky is way too erratic for my taste, and I’m not a huge fan of the panthers defense. I think our fwds/Fox can take it to em.
Bos is going to be beat the F up if they beat FLA.
I see them running on fumes if that’s the case…..

I agree, the stiffest comp comes out of west if we make it.
Can’t be taking bad penalties against a EDM PP.
Col and Dallas are both deep solid teams with solid D.
I would love to embarrass Georgiev on the way to hoisting the cup….
Beating van in a repeat of 94 would also be awesome.
Just win baby

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That's what I wanted to do.

Give people a break for dumping on Panarin, they just wanted to win like everyone else.

Nah, we gotta dig up a skeleton.
Now you’re taking a high road?!?!? I’m not good at search function on this site and I don’t want to re-post your negativity to just prove a point but go and refresh your memory on what you posted during the winning streak (!!!) following ASB. As I said maybe referring to specific targets on the team as “sack of shit” or “useless goon” among other descriptions, or a group of fellow NYR posters here as “gestapo” is par for the course for you and @GoAwayPanarin, but not to me, sorry.

Reactions: noncents

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
A lot of the talking heads/so called experts picked the canes to hoist the cup.
The buzz was their depth/special teams were unparalleled.

But I agree with you, I’m not really afraid of Bos or Fla.
Bobrovsky is way too erratic for my taste, and I’m not a huge fan of the panthers defense. I think our fwds/Fox can take it to em.
Bos is going to be beat the F up if they beat FLA.
I see them running on fumes if that’s the case…..

I agree, the stiffest comp comes out of west if we make it.
Can’t be taking bad penalties against a EDM PP.
Col and Dallas are both deep solid teams with solid D.
I would love to embarrass Georgiev on the way to hoisting the cup….
Beating van in a repeat of 94 would also be awesome.
Just win baby
Dallas has great depth, but they’re not quite as top end talented as we are.
Colorado has the top end talent, but not the depth or goaltending.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Screenshot_20240510_122808_Facebook.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Now you’re taking a high road?!?!? I’m not good at search function on this site and I don’t want to re-post your negativity to just prove a point but go and refresh your memory on what you posted during the winning streak (!!!) following ASB. As I said maybe referring to specific targets on the team as “sack of shit” or “useless goon” among other descriptions, or a group of fellow NYR posters here as “gestapo” is par for the course for you and @GoAwayPanarin, but not to me, sorry.

Do you really wanna do this?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I said we got outplayed in several games during that winning streak. That was a freezing cold take.

And you're going to bring up that called somebody a sack of shit? It's hockey.

Again, any mild criticism is the gestapo.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It is possible. I think he will have to start scoring some though to retain that 3rd line position and a new contract. I thought you might say 4th line since we have a couple of young forwards possibly coming in the next 1-3 years.
Yeah, I think he’s definitely good enough for the third line and also a solid special team player. If the rangers envision him on the fourth line he probably declines, anyhow. And I assume the rangers offer in that case would be too low anyhow.
My ideal fourth line is populated by rookies, youngsters.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Can you change your handle?

Yeah it's eligible to be updated.

I'll wait on that though.

But I wouldn't really want to throw stones if I were you. I don't even have to go back to look through what you've posted, I'd just have to link every David Quinn and AV thread and get that point across really quickly.

I don't know why you have an issue with anyone having less than positive things to say about anything? Some guys just aren't that good or sometimes guys just don't play well. I give praise to players when they play well, even ones I don't particularly care for (Goodrow in the 1st round.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad