LeBrun: Senators have "kicked tires" on Jakob Chychrun

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From LeBrun's latest Rumblings blog:

The Sens have also kicked tires on Jakob Chychrun, who would come at a high cost if there’s even a trade fit with Arizona.

MacKenzie Weegar would have been a big score for the Sens, but I believe the Panthers have decided to keep him after losing Ben Chiarot to free agency.

Whatever the case is, if Sens GM Pierre Dorion can acquire that missing piece on the blue line, he will have had quite the offseason.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Good, I think he'd be a great fit.

I don't think this will be a steal at the level of other trades this offseason if it goes through though,

Reactions: BHD

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Armstrong clearly has no issue holding firm on his asking price or Chychrun would’ve probably been dealt right now. He expects Chychrun to be a Coyote again this year, and has said so twice this offseason already.

I just don’t see Ottawa willing to give up the pieces the Coyotes would want, which would most likely be next years 1st (limited protection) and a prospect their probably uncomfortable parting ways with.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They won't even make the playoffs just stop
Leaf fans insecurities showing in thread after thread. They add a D man they have a pretty legitimate shot, if they dont I think you are right. This is likely a playoff team, would have depth, speed, size and skill. As a top 9 there probalby isnt a team with as much depth. The third line will be one the best third lines in the league.

Debrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Joseph
Kelly - Kasatelic - Watson
Gambrell - Sokolov

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Holden - Hamonic
Brannstrom/Bernard-Docker - Thomson

Talbot
Forsberg
Soogard

I think a deal around Grieg, Brannstrom/Bernard-Docker, Zaitsev and Wash 2nd 2024 is good framework for Chychrun.

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Sens becoming Canada's best chance to win a Cup... move over Oilers, Flames, TO.... there is a new team in Canada!!

If you get Chychrun I may have them at 2nd after the Oilers. They'd be close to the Leafs in the playoffs imo. Unfortunately that means likely not getting our of the first round maybe the 2nd.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This is a trade Ottawa should be making. With even small forward steps from all their young stars, they’re a playoff team next year. But those guys are only cheap for so long and you only have Debrincat and Giroux locked up for a couple more seasons. Youth wins; commit to competing.

2023 1st + Grieg probably gets at least close to Chychrun

Reactions: Kaizen

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Sens will most def be in the mix for the playoffs next year. I'm starting to like them a lot but I'm sure that will change after the puck drops in the first meeting with the Leafs.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad