GDT: Senators @ Flames, No More Kidding Around Edition (Sat Nov 30 @ 5:00 MT)

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I don't disagree with that thought. I worry about where to place Mangiapane, Dube and Bennett when he returns. Mangy has meshed quite well with Backs and Chucky. They have been very effective, but still need to score more. Dube is spreading his wings on the 3 line with Looch being on hand to frown at people. Since Dube has returned I haven't seen too many teams trying to run him.

Gaudreau still looks like his heart isn't in it. There has to be something going on between him and Monahan. That sort of thing (disharmony) can be a cancer in the room and just splitting up the line won't fix it. It's just a feeling and I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Monahan-Lindholm-Gaudreau
Tkachuk-Backlund-Dube
Bennett-Ryan-Mangiapane
Lucic-Jankowski-Frolik

I think Dube could really help this team if he is with players who can score. Because he can drive possession with his speed

Johnny-Monahan-Dube
Tkachuk-Backlund-Lindholm

^ Would be the other top 6 I’d like to try. I think Ward will roll 4 likes more than Peters did so maybe you spread it out more

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The first 15 or so games under a new coach are hard to dissect but we haven't seen flashes of a free-flowing game in our honeymoon period so far. It's been quite the opposite, so it's unlikely that there were any shackles restraining the players with Peters.

The guys need to work harder to break free from this sluggish, perimeter game of theirs. I personally think we're currently watching Gio start his decline and I wouldn't be opposed to having Hanifin up there with Brodie to give the first line more offensive support and assign Gio shutdown duties with Andersson.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
The first 15 or so games under a new coach are hard to dissect but we haven't seen flashes of a free-flowing game in our honeymoon period so far. It's been quite the opposite, so it's unlikely that there were any shackles restraining the players with Peters.

The guys need to work harder to break free from this sluggish, perimeter game of theirs. I personally think we're currently watching Gio start his decline and I wouldn't be opposed to having Hanifin up there with Brodie to give the first line more offensive support and assign Gio shutdown duties with Andersson.
Congratulations on the win last night. One things for sure, not many teams could start a winning streak while dealing with a coaching scandal. Shows a lot of character in that dressing room as well as their feelings towards that departed coach’s methods & message.

Cheers
A15843A8-99B8-47CF-BFE5-D238A94CE2F9.gif

P.S. edit. I appreciate you folks being welcoming to this Canucks fan into your Team Threads. Some others have been a bit territorial, most have been friendly like your group.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad