GDT: Senators @ Canadiens | March 13th @ 7:00pm | Kaspars Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Blame Lehner all you want, of the 3 attempts Ottawa made only Silfverberg made Price actually move, Alfie and Turris skated down and threw it into Price with almost zero stick handing

It's a combination of both, IMO.

Lehner sucked in the SO and out shooters sucked outside of Silf, who is as automatic as you can ask for.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Seriously, Claude Julien has a point.

It is hard to believe these so-called professionals fall for it every time. Habd almost never get called for diving (or too many men) yet they do both ALL THE TIME.

Good on the boys to earn a point while being shorthanded for half the third period.

Bigup

Stache consultant
Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa
Two points of note.
1) Alfie should not shoot top 3 anymore. He always goes five hole and i'm pretty sure the entire Eastern conference knows it.
2) Lehner is pretty bad in shootouts.

Alfie seems to go short side more than 5 hole. I agree that he shouldn't go top 3. Maybe give Zibs a shot?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah I love Alfie as much as the next guy, but we have to give his spot in shootouts to Latendresse or Zibanejad.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Alfie and Turris have absolutely no moves, just skate in and shoot. I know we have very little offensive talent but those two should not be in the shootout.

Lehner needs shootout practice, bites on way too many moves.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
With Lehner we need to score 3 of 3 to win. It's reached the point where I think they should bring in a cold Bishop for the shootouts he couldn't do worse. At least we'd have a chance. Sorry Lehner but you stink on shootouts. Now you know what you need to work on. Back to Bingo for more practice kid.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Seriously, Claude Julien has a point.

It is hard to believe these so-called professionals fall for it every time. Habd almost never get called for diving (or too many men) yet they do both ALL THE TIME.

Good on the boys to earn a point while being shorthanded for half the third period.

It's such a shame, and the reason I feel we lost the game. We had great momentum after PW's goal (albeit soft), which was pretty much extinguished by those 3 consecutive penalties.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Zibanejad has just as many goals as Zetterberg in less games played.

I love that people had written him off.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Because he's 2 for 4 this year. Step back from the ledge - we just played the best team in the east and got a point.

yeah, we just played the first place team but had to do it with one hand tied behind our backs with the freaking garbage calls all night long...I don't take any solice in the one point, I think we were robbed by garbage calls...

Exique*

He can never do the same move again.

He'd have to change it up a bit.

The thing is he can easily switch it up...

As a goalie, Bishop says he has no problem with players wanting to try new moves.

"I know when I saw it the first time I wasn't sure if he was serious or messing around," Bishop said. "He's beat me a few times with it because he can do different things off of it which makes it really effective."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/03/12/sp-nhl-senators-shootout-daugavins.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad