Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets Nov. 5 (7 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Section 102ish? I'm in 104 about half way up. First Sens game I've been able to attend. Got 4 tickets for $180. Stoked...got probably the best seats in the house IMO.

Lived in Washington, the Canucks were too expensive and I hate them, but now in Indianapolis I'm close enough to drive to a game.

104 row c, for the price I had to go for it, I hear it's not the best seat really but I've never sat behind the bench before. I wonder if you took the seat I was gonna get as I was procrastinating at a ticket for 104 about halfway up and then it got scooped up.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is Milo still with Smith? I like that combo as a third line. Definitely would like to see Conacher with Spezza. No one goes to the net with as much consistency as Cory on our team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Conacher is being treated by the way he's playing. He's not creating anything out there. Yes it's nice and cute that he's trying his hardest and constantly hustling out there, but he isn't doing much else. He sometimes wanders out of position, which makes breakouts harder because he isn't where he should be, and he's been awful offensively so far. His passing is terrible, always off the mark. He doesn't receive passes well either and I've never seen him handle the puck more than 2 seconds. Last time I saw that was I think last season and he set up Zibby for a one timer goal.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Conacher is being treated by the way he's playing. He's not creating anything out there. Yes it's nice and cute that he's trying his hardest and constantly hustling out there, but he isn't doing much else. He sometimes wanders out of position, which makes breakouts harder because he isn't where he should be, and he's been awful offensively so far. His passing is terrible, always off the mark. He doesn't receive passes well either and I've never seen him handle the puck more than 2 seconds. Last time I saw that was I think last season and he set up Zibby for a one timer goal.

Are you talking about Conacher or Greening?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Applies for both, but at least Greening can receive a pass and his passes aren't completely off the mark. Also I said "trying his hardest and constantly hustling out there", so no, not Greening.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Applies for both, but at least Greening can receive a pass and his passes aren't completely off the mark. Also I said "trying his hardest and constantly hustling out there", so no, not Greening.

I gotta strongly disagree with you there. What's holding Colin back in the worst way is his ability to accept a pass or to use a soccer term, his first touch. It's just atrocious. I'd say the puck goes the other way about half the time when it's passed to Greening within about 2 seconds. He has some of the worst hands on a NHLer today. I'd argue that Kassian has a better set of hands or at least about equal.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Andy has had the same team in front of him and gone 4 - 4 - 2. Lehner is 0 - 2 - 2. You are very quick to blame Andy for giving up a goal but every time Lehner is scored on it's the ol' "can't fault him on that one". I guess at this point we'll see more of Lehner due to the injury and maybe he will pick up a few wins.

Bingo. I'm guessing we will win against Columbus & Montreal this week!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

How do you create when Neil is playing with you and Spezza is skating to the red line and just dumping the puck in because he's pissed off ? When he created he turned over the puck on occasion and got benched or sat out a game. he comes back this year and plays a better defensive game but (you right he's creating nothing and playing it too safe). They need to set this kid free and tell him to play to his strengths. I don't understand why so many veterans can constantly cough up the puck and not sit out a single shift ? This is why I think he is not a MacLean guy and they should trade him pronto? He has excellent offensive skills but it sure looks like he's afraid to use them. You can't play with a constant array of teammates and benching looming over you every game.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Bahahaha this made me :laugh:

Poor Lehner.

sad_kirby_by_arandomguy1221-d5cbvpo.jpg

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Besides effort. And Cony has been good at creating traffic in front of the goal. Lots of goals Have been scored this season with #89 within 2 feet of the goalie. I don't think we can say that about 14.

That would be the second part of his game I like after his compete level.

How do you create when Neil is playing with you and Spezza is skating to the red line and just dumping the puck in because he's pissed off ? When he created he turned over the puck on occasion and got benched or sat out a game. he comes back this year and plays a better defensive game but (you right he's creating nothing and playing it too safe). They need to set this kid free and tell him to play to his strengths. I don't understand why so many veterans can constantly cough up the puck and not sit out a single shift ? This is why I think he is not a MacLean guy and they should trade him pronto? He has excellent offensive skills but it sure looks like he's afraid to use them. You can't play with a constant array of teammates and benching looming over you every game.

What I said applies for the whole season, not just the past three games.

But yeah, I agree. Greening shouldn't be playing, for example. Maybe it'll just take a little while before he starts trying. Right now he's playing reallyyy tentative. By the 20-25 game mark is when I'll be worried that Stache drained all his skill.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto
Columbus is my backup team so at least it won't be the worst thing in the world if we lose.

Ottawa needs our own cannon.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
That would be the second part of his game I like after his compete level.

What I said applies for the whole season, not just the past three games.

But yeah, I agree. Greening shouldn't be playing, for example. Maybe it'll just take a little while before he starts trying. Right now he's playing reallyyy tentative. By the 20-25 game mark is when I'll be worried that Stache drained all his skill.

The only time I found him creative was when he started the year with Turris and MacArthur. I agree he is completely tentative but I have seen his skill and puck handling before and that's not something you lose at 23 years old. Greening is a perfect example of a guy that keeps getting chance after chance after chance while playing poorly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Part of the reason Lehner gives up so many shots is because of his horrible rebound control. Someone did the stats of shorts per minute with Anderson in net vs. Lehner and we gave up way more shots with Lehner in net. Anderson just commands the team better, communicates better and is better at absorbing rebounds.

Lehner is still very good though and he's young. He has a lot of time to work on his rebound control.

jeffsens11

Nov 29, 2008
Just win baby!

Also neither goalie should be put at blame for the losses this season...our overall team play of allowing 40+ shots a game is what's killing us.

TMcD1639

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Conacher isn't as bad as you're setting him up to me, sens just haven't been able to prove their potential yet this season. It's early on in the season I think we should wait until the halfway point of the season to judge, hell Claude Giroux doesn't have any goals yet... Doesn't mean he's a bad player.
Also is it just me or does Conacher remind you alot of Ryan Shannon when he used to play here; small, fast, hustles, gritty, not the greatest talent but can still manage.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher isn't as bad as you're setting him up to me, sens just haven't been able to prove their potential yet this season. It's early on in the season I think we should wait until the halfway point of the season to judge, hell Claude Giroux doesn't have any goals yet... Doesn't mean he's a bad player.
Also is it just me or does Conacher remind you alot of Ryan Shannon when he used to play here; small, fast, hustles, gritty, not the greatest talent but can still manage.

The thing is he is very talented the question is the balance between using his creativity and playing responsible enough to be able to be trusted. He is playing way too conservative so far this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad