Pre-Game Talk: Senators at Rangers: Fan Appreciation Night

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
The Wings are SOOOO frakin unserious. What is going on with that team? Lol. Hopefully the Sens can at least make this interesting.

Worst case scenario, as someone already posted, at least we can start posting think-pieces re: playing the Fish again.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The Wings are SOOOO frakin unserious. What is going on with that team? Lol. Hopefully the Sens can at least make this interesting.

Worst case scenario, as someone already posted, at least we can start posting think-pieces re: playing the Fist again.
Bad FA spending and marquee forwards who aren’t good at defense. What could go wrong?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This is great. Rangers have not been playing that well in recent weeks and they now, most likely, have the President's Trophy curse to fight off, on top of it.
They are an interesting team and I am pretty familiar with their media's analysis of them since I listen to a lot of NY sports radio etc. They are ubbbber talented but often seem to lack basic work ethic and focus. I could honestly equally see them winning the Cup or getting upset in round 1.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, we can pretty freely play and rest who we need to tomorrow. Isles is a pretty good matchup for us.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The other thing that's nice is we came close to pulling this off and I don't get the sense we've emptied the tank or turned it way up most games. I think they're ready to hit a hell of a level starting game one.
With the track record of President's Trophy winners in the postseason, who the f*** even wants it?
People that aren't silly enough to believe in curses and have seen how good this team is at home in the playoffs?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
hope we play all our young players and rest , can we get our players in the ahl? start martin , why not Rantaa as backup not sure about waiver rules on last game
seriously, agreed...the game matters 0% and is against a shyte team with nothing to play for except maybe being a bit dirty. Play TDA & Pepe, play Spence and let Kooch be backup (in case someone needs to fight), play Morrow and Blake/Nadeau (probably only 1). Rest who you can. This is where not having an AHL team and having traded Pono sucks because we don't have a whole lot of other guys we could really play.

Maybe it's just me, but that was a stick lift...but I guess it's against the Rags so penalty shot!

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
With the track record of President's Trophy winners in the postseason, who the f*** even wants it?
I would have loved it if the Canes won the President's Trophy. Think of all of the "purist's" heads exploding when a team in a non-traditional, non-deserving market shows the league how it's done in the regular season. And then go on to win the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad