Pre-Game Talk: Senators at Rangers: Fan Appreciation Night

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
It's Fan Appreciation Night in the Big Apple

• The New York Rangers host the Ottawa Senators at MSG in the 2023-24 regular season finale (7:30 PM ET - TV: MSG Network - Radio: ESPN 98.7 FM).
  • The Blueshirts have set the franchise record for the most wins (54) in a single season and look to set the points record with a win tonight (114).
  • New York has wins in four of its last six games and nine of its last 12 contests. In their last 33 games, the Blueshirts are 25-7-1. The Blueshirts’ 54 wins and 112 points are the most in the NHL.
  • At home, New York has a 29-11-0 record for 58 points and has won 14 of its last 18 home contests. The Rangers’ .725 point percentage at home ranks tied for second in the NHL.
  • The Rangers’ 29 home wins are the second most in franchise history and one away from tying the 30 home wins in 1970-71 for the most in team history.
  • New York has the NHL’s second best power play percentage (26.8) and third highest penalty kill percentage (84.4). Carolina is the only other team with both in the top-3. The Rangers have power-play goals in five of their last six games (7 PPGs).
1713212534029.png

On the Road with the Senators

The Sens are on the road for the final time this season as they kick off this road trip facing the top team in the NHL, the New York Rangers. Fresh off a thrilling shootout victory over the Canadiens at Canadian Tire Centre to conclude the home portion of the Sens schedule, they will look to carry that momentum into tonight's task and play the role of spoiler again.

This is the third and final meeting between the Senators and Rangers with each side winning once and a combined score of 9-8 in favour of the Rangers. With the Rangers winning the last meeting, the Sens may look to some of their offensive leaders who have had success against the Rangers this season. Brady Tkachuk has three goals in the first two meetings and after setting a new career high (37) with two goals against Montreal, he may be feeling it heading into this contest.

Additionally, Drake Batherson and Claude Giroux have four and three points respectively in this season series and with Batherson in the midst of a career best season with 28 points and 65 points while Giroux has crossed the 60-point plateau for the ninth time in his career, they both are threats to breakout tonight.

1713212553857.png

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
@Bunch of Jurcos you are too much! Tears in my frakin eyes lolol!!!!

I hope the Sens win but I'm glad we'll know what our scenario is before tomorrow and can make any decisions as needed from there.
Really no “bad” outcome. But it’s fun to have a reason to follow games without too much stress. Good times!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
@Bunch of Jurcos you are too much! Tears in my frakin eyes lolol!!!!

Really no “bad” outcome. But it’s fun to have a reason to follow games without too much stress. Good times!

You're going to have to speak for yourself because I for one cannot think of a more important game in Carolina Hurricanes history than this one.

Actually hold up, tomorrow's game with Columbus is the most important game of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad