Post-Game Talk: Senators at Oilers - 2-4 loss - A wee better goalie, pulease

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought he settled in okay eventually. Might have to give him the next one and see if he can build on it.

I'd rather not. Too many holes in his game imo. He drops his upper body on high shots, opens holes on screened shots. Not even going to get into him overplaying the puck. Don't ever see him being the solution in need.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'd rather not. Too many holes in his game imo. He drops his upper body on high shots, opens holes on screened shots. Not even going to get into him overplaying the puck. Don't ever see him being the solution in need.
Long term solution he is not, but maybe he can help tread water while Murray attempts to find his game. We need someone that can at least give more than sub .900 goaltending for a period. I would also be interested in giving Daccord a start, but I don't think you can just keep rolling Murray out there night after night if he stays at the level he has so far. As bad as Hogberg has been, he has still at least been better than Murray imo and he looked decent at times last year as well.

Depends on the strategy too I guess. Some would like to see Murray attempt to play his way out of this, whereas I lean more towards him being told to work in practice for a couple weeks while they play other guys. I've never been a fan of letting a guy play their way out of things if they're hurting their team as much as he has.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers are going to come back to reality just like the Canucks did!

Montreal will take a mini vacation now

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Yo, why you do this?

tenor.gif

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Yo, why you do this?

tenor.gif

Redden was taking on the puck carrier as he should be. #23 should've covered the guy going to the net but instead he also took the guy Redden was initial covering, that created confusion for Redden, and before you know it, it was too late.

Also, amazing backchecking effort by #9 in closing minutes of a game 7 Eastern Conference Finals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad