Post-Game Talk: Senators at Oilers - 2-4 loss - A wee better goalie, pulease

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wish Brady and Kassian straight out fought. Kassian is a florida man crackhead on ice who has very little ability to play the game.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I wish Brady and Kassian straight out fought. Kassian is a florida man crackhead on ice who has very little ability to play the game.

I have this family safety rule that no one is allowed to fight any Florida crackheads. Applies to Brady as well in this case.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I didn't get to watch the entire game but seems like Dadonov played with intensity for the first time this season

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
what like our goalies lol.. is that we he said :laugh:

The context of if was:

He got asked what the team can do to help the goalies, and then he said we need them to make the first save and then we have to clean it up for them.

Reactions: Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
The context of if was:

He got asked what the team can do to help the goalies, and then he said we need them to make the first save and then we have to clean it up for them.

I didn’t watch the game last night but I’m not convinced you could put any goalie in our net and receive NHL quality stats the way we are playing right now.

If I were the coach I would have the team focusing on goals against and not goals for right now. I don’t care if we lose 2-0. Prove to me that we can only let in 2 goals or less in a game.

go in with a mentality like that, and you might win some hockey games.

if we play good defense and still don’t get NHL stats out of Murray well then, we will know we have a problem.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Looking through the boxscore from the game last night, any reason why Nick Paul, probably our most consistant player all season played less than all other forwards not named Watson, Paquette? Like why the F is Derek Stepan playing almost 3 more full minutes than Nick Paul?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
well atleast it was only 4-2 and not 6 or 8 goals again i guess.. fell asleep at 4-1 lol

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Without sounding too optimistic I feel our forwards are pretty much getting to where I expected them. Now the D last night had 3 NHL level top 4 D and 2 number 6/7s and an ECHL borderline all star. The goaltending is bad.

If Brann replaces Reilly and prove he’s top 4 caliber that would help. It’s still not great but
Chabot/Zub
Brann/Zaitsev
Brown/Gudbranson
is at least a low end NHL caliber defence.

Brown can spell Norris and if he shows he can play he could replace Stepan eventually.

Formenton would add a bunch of speed and PK but he takes a lot of penalties but I’d like to see him and Paquette rotate until Forms steals the spot.

Average goaltending and the above changes would still have us an underdog in every game but I feel we would be competitive and also set us up to be better next year.

The best part of everything is the following players are UFA after the season

Gudbranson
Coburn
Reilly
Anisimov
Paquette
Stepan

At least Dorion didn’t acquire any trash with term so our worst players will all be gone.

Reactions: swiftwin

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It’s weird how it felt like a win.

-solid third period (ignore score effects)
-D looked like NHL D for stretches
-Chabot looked like Chabot
-Decent goaltending in 2/3 periods
-Only 4 against (LOL)
-Jimmy scores

A New Hope.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
LOL! The TSN highlights composer still loves to underscore the Sens foibles. (Granted, the team gave them lots of fodder last night.) In between Tkachuk scrums, they trace Tkachuk's shot attempt ricocheting off his stick, and over the half-wall with a grease pencil. That was about half the highlight reel. No mention of Paquette's first as a Sen, no highlight of Stützle scoring his 2nd in 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad