Confirmed with Link: Senators acquire Mike Amadio from LA for Christian Wolanin

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I like the Amadio acquisition on paper. A 24 year old with good size and strong numbers, in Junior and the AHL, for a guy that wasn't going to play here. Unfortunately on the ice I haven't seen much to get excited about. Makes me wonder how closely our pro scouts looked at this guy.
I mean probably not closely and they probably just asked DJ what he remembered of him
In junior.
But on the other hand, what do you really expect to get for wolanin. Any player your pro scouts love is probably not available for Wolanin

Reactions: Simplicity

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like the Amadio acquisition on paper. A 24 year old with good size and strong numbers, in Junior and the AHL, for a guy that wasn't going to play here. Unfortunately on the ice I haven't seen much to get excited about. Makes me wonder how closely our pro scouts looked at this guy.

When I look at his stats I wonder why Dorion traded for him. Then I think he fits the mold for Dorion trades for vets. Not impressed with D.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He’s been fine, and much better in the NHL than Wolainin which is a win in terms of the trade.

Seems like a guy that will be gone though since we don’t have space for him on the team.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We'll see guys like him (Bishop, Amadio, etc.) come in a play part of the season, and then fade out (whatever you want to call it).

As long as we don't give up any kind of somewhat decent assets for them, its OK. I don't see a huge difference between this kind of acquisition and waiver wires in terms of level of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad