Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I am surprised, are you sure about the MAJORITY of Bruins fans though? I am fine with the Isles honestly, I just have a problem with NYers I never meet the good ones lol.
I guess I shouldn’t assume majority. I am fine with the Isles as well, I actually like them more than Tampa.

But Tampa is the more difficult matchup for Montreal, and majority of Bruins fans would pick Montreal as the last team they’d want to see win a cup.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Potvin's hit on Nilsson was not dirty. That's a fiction. NYR fans were upset that Nilsson was hurt, but it was a good bodycheck. The puck was there, and Potvin hit him. That's all. Here it is.

He’s talking about a different hit - one on Gustafson. Regardless, he’s just an angry old man who doesnt know how to let something go. He’d get along great with Capt Obvious actually.

Reactions: doublechili

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
No matter what happens tomorrow night, I'm really going to miss some of you. If Tampa moves on its going to be really hard to replace the salty NY fans with Le Habitants.

Ditto. It's been incredibly fascinating to watch a handful of Lightning fans strawman reasons why this series wasn't over in 4.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He’s talking about a different hit - one on Gustafson. Regardless, he’s just an angry old man who doesnt know how to let something go. He’d get along great with Capt Obvious actually.
Not familiar with the Gustafson hit. Was it Potvin? Denis was a seriously hard-hitter and had a great hip check too. His hits were generally clean, and not even Scott Stevens "clean" that would now be 20 game suspensions. Mostly just really hard body checks. But, having said that, I probably saw an opposing player a year get stretchered off from his hits. :eek:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Isles match up good with Montreal. I take Isles in 5.

Lol, I wanna see the Islanders play a series where they’re the heavy favorites. Ever since Trotz got there with the exception of the Florida play in and maybe even the Washington first round series, they’ve relished the underdog role. I think that series goes 6-7 max with how both teams are playing and if the Isles eliminate TB tomorrow night.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Lol, I wanna see the Islanders play a series where they’re the heavy favorites. Ever since Trotz got there with the exception of the Florida play in and maybe even the Washington first round series, they’ve relished the underdog role. I think that series goes 6-7 max with how both teams are playing and if the Isles eliminate TB tomorrow night.
7 max you say? Well we’ll just see about that

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hey Isles fans last night pisssed me off! With that said they played a full 60 mins unlike my bolts and deserved to be in this position. Are a very good team and I think whoever wins tomorrow should be able to handle Montreal as long as Price isn't a complete god in the finals. Good luck tomorrow night not really tho...:sarcasm:

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Yes I've already proudly accepted an Isles win tomorrow.

Btw our predictions as posters don't affect the outcomes of games.
Maybe, but ...
5773bff3c375a54d1fceac57c0b103ce.gif

Anyway, two good teams in a coin flip game. Hope it's the Islanders, but expect nothing and may the best team win.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Hey Isles fans last night pisssed me off! With that said they played a full 60 mins unlike my bolts and deserved to be in this position. Are a very good team and I think whoever wins tomorrow should be able to handle Montreal as long as Price isn't a complete god in the finals. Good luck tomorrow night not really tho...:sarcasm:
Islander fans pissed a lot of Islander fans off last night, lol. I mean, it was awesome to watch Barzy come out as second star so pumped, and then an errant beer can flies through the frame, like, WTF! Turned an awesome moment into an embarrassment.

Reactions: CREW99AW

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Reactions: Konk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad