Semifinals: New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Series tied 3-3) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Look I get no one wants to admit winning a cup is due to a cheap shot. So I guess we will see either tomorrow night if the Isles win or after the Lightning finish the cup finals what’s wrong with Kuch. I’ll be back here either way.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Look I get no one wants to admit winning a cup is due to a cheap shot. So I guess we will see either tomorrow night if the Isles win or after the Lightning finish the cup finals what’s wrong with Kuch. I’ll be back here either way.
Watching him leave the ice, which side of his body is he favoring. Left (port) or right (starboard)

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
GenerousGrossAmazondolphin-size_restricted.gif

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg

"The hypocrisy." One player is a gamer, having a mindblowing playoff run, isn't a buttplug. The other... is a buttplug.

Imagine getting triggered by the nickname Killer. Anything to fit your adorable little narrative. :laugh:

I think Killorn is less useful than Gorde (and I think he's a POS) but mainly if you think Mayfield isn't the 3rd most important Dman on the Islanders your not watching. He's on the 2nd pairing and the 1st unit on the PK.

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
I'm not a fan of any of these teams but man, the series against Boston and Tampa, and the NYI boosters, have really made me dislike the Isles lmao. I actually liked them (and bet on them quite a bit) in the regular season, but ugh. They just want to make hockey prison rules. And complain if any calls go against them when quite objectively they've had favourable officiating all playoffs.

And this is coming from a Canucks fan. You managed to make me cheer for Boston. Yeesh.

Sounds like you know how to pick em

Reactions: beach

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
I think Killorn is less useful than Gorde (and I think he's a POS) but mainly if you think Mayfield isn't the 3rd most important Dman on the Islanders your not watching. He's on the 2nd pairing and the 1st unit on the PK.
If you think Killer is a pos, then he's doing his job. At least your response is a little better than the earlier "why are you comparing a forward to a d man" stuff.

I'm doing it because his points are higher, which fits my narrative. If other fans can create bullshit narratives, why can't I?

CaptDenisPotvin

Jun 20, 2007
F NY, before this series started I genuinely thought if the Lightning lost I would hope the Isles would win it all, not any more, even Vegas would be infinitely more preferable.
If and it's a big if you get past a banged up ( by you ) team, you deserve to get Barzal knocked the f out and Price/Fleury to own your souls. It's no surprise the Rags hate you so much.

Def right there with you, not a big fan of Vegas but I'd wear a Lehner jersey before I watch a cheating bunch of baby b****es like Tampa win again.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Oh. My. God.

I agree that NHL officiating is inconsistent, and that should have been a penalty, but he conveniently leaves out the rest of the story

Like how he completed his shift. Like how he skated past the bench with seemingly no intent to get off the ice due to injury. That he didn’t show significant discomfort until after he tried to hit Barzal. That the side he was favoring was the side opposite to where the crosscheck was

Where was this outrage when the Lightning player came up high on Mayfield behind the net in the other game? Or Stamkos crosschecked Nelson, etc.

If NBC sports didn’t go out of their way to push this narrative to create a story, this wouldn’t even be a thing.
I'm waiting for the Stamkos suspension.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You should rewatch All Star game highlights. Basically sounds like the emotionless non-competitive hockey you keep pandering for.

If skilled hockey is emotionless, then goodbye skill/speed/talent for the rest of the decade

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
It requires a lot more context than just "preferring slower players" but in a lot of situations, sure. Hockey is about so much more than just fast skating, flashy stickhandling and shooting.

Again, we're each entitled to our opinion. I don't really expect you to understand that though
You didn’t know that hockey has to be played the way that best suits his team?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
If skilled hockey is emotionless, then goodbye skill/speed/talent for the rest of the decade

Skill is independent of emotion.

You mistakenly attribute excitement to skill alone.

All star game is the single greatest display of skill in the world. It’s also dreadfully boring.

Competition and the resolution of tension is where excitement is found.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
If you think Killer is a pos, then he's doing his job. At least your response is a little better than the earlier "why are you comparing a forward to a d man" stuff.

I'm doing it because his points are higher, which fits my narrative. If other fans can create bullshit narratives, why can't I?
Nice backtrack. “I did that intentionally”:laugh:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
I used to get upset at Sidney Crosby for his slashing, but I now understand why he did it back then. One example of why: when we watched 2015 Tyler Johnson (Hottest player during NHL playoffs that year) get his wrist hurt from a malicious slash during game 3 cup final. This is how teams that are behind (Down 2-1) react sometimes and the NHL is OK with letting these bush league tactics take place. I now understand why NHL stars end up becoming goons themselves. They don't have much choice, do they?

In the early days of this Lightning cores playoff runs, the Lightning use to take it and let those bush league moments get in their heads. But.... the Lightning did what all teams/players eventually have to do when facing goonish play come playoff time. They adjusted and started to fight back. Kuch and other stars have had to change their games come playoff time because the NHL thinks tough playoff hockey is letting inferior teams even the odds by grabbing, interfering, and hunting stars until you take them out. I don't blame NHL stars when they eventually end up fighting back with bush league tactics also. It's obvious at this point, the NHL doesn't care about protecting their star players during playoffs. The NHL is more concern with game managing series and creating an environment where less skilled teams can compete.

The Lightning have made many deep playoff runs and got their “Cup” last year. We've enjoyed the runs but unfortunately this viscous cycle of throwing the rule-book out come playoff time will continue. Some talented NHL teams will get through the grinder, but it really stinks we fans can't watch all the best players/teams play for NHL titles yearly, like most other leagues do.

Game 7, here we come........ $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad