• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The word “trap” has officially become the stupidest meme word here. Every team that plays tight D is now a trap team. Defence 101 is take away the middle of ice and not let opponent blow through neutral zone. Some people discovering this for first time and thinking it is dirty hockey are in for a long and tedious journey.

offense wins regular season, defence wins championships
Exactly. Toss "Trap" onto the same useless pile of cliches with "We beat ourselves", "Refs", and "Their goals were flukey".

I understand being upset the other team won. I don't understand posting such lame excuses.

Reactions: HabsQC

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Garbage hockey FTW!!!!
5f7e197a07396525e9326b9f915f4d60a565c5e6r1-720-680v2_uhq.jpg

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The Habs dominated the first period YET again, except this time they actually scored on their chances. Getting the lead is key for this team, but for f***ing sake could they stop icing the puck when they are not even pressured? The two goals they gave tonight came from that, not from turnovers while trying to be aggressive. I DON'T understand why the Habs REFUSE to keep being aggressive with their forecheck when they go up 2-3 goals. This baffles me to no end. They make the other team look better than they are because it's so easy for them to get inside the Habs zone.

Also, the goals could have been saved by Price, he didn't look great on either. However, I'm not going to go too hard on him because he did make 2-3 incredible saves that evened it out.

I try to never complain about referees, but there is one time in the third period where a Habs player got hit by a stick to the face while in control of the puck. The referee was right next to them. I do not understand that one. I hope this also evens out going forward in the series.

Now the Habs have to keep this up at home. Nothing less than two wins in Montreal is necessary if they want a shot at moving on to the last round.

Oh and to all the people who said Vegas would destroy Montreal. How did those first periods look for you? :) Personally, I was more impressed by Toronto. The Knights are going to need more from their ''top players'' to win this.
That's simple. You don't want to get caught with your forwards up ice when you're defending a lead. That's like...very basic hockey. They played the game right that's why they won.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Usually loser fans blame the refs. It's not always you see winner fans do so.

I mean we watched a player get hit in the face, tripped right before a goal against, and a cross check into the numbers not get called.

Normally calls get missed it happens, but the idea that Vegas didn't commit one callable infraction is very improbable.

Reactions: HabsQC

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Exactly. Toss "Trap" onto the same useless pile of cliches with "We beat ourselves", "Refs", and "Their goals were flukey".

I understand being upset the other team won. I don't understand posting such lame excuses.
I do find it funny all the other fanbases with the excuses HFVGK is just like yep, we deserved to lose that one.

Reactions: Draft and Lshap

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well that was f***ing painful. Hopefully a wake up call to actually play the f***ing game when the game starts. Not when it's about to end. You'd think the Minny and Colorado series would've had lessons like that but I guess not.

GG Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad