GDT: Semifinal • May 13 • Finland 3, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I'm liking this effort from Finns. I'm still worried about individual mistakes like the one from Lepistö, but if they can keep this up and not make too many mistakes... this should be in the bag.

That said, Finns need to convert their chances. They should lead this game 3-1 or 4-1 with the chances they've had. It doesn't take that many chances for the Russians to score... if they get them.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Finland needs to score another one fast, 1-0 against Russia isn't gonna hold.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Speechless about Granlund. Dirty.

Finland's game dropped a little after the goal and Russia started to play better. We should have used the PP but didn't. 3rd period is going to be insane. Can't start sitting back at all. Full steam ahead!

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Fine, have some interpretation with it then. 99% of the penalties being called are pure accidents.

this might true that players dont mean to do it, but if you take away the penalty then players will just keep on doing and so oh im sorry i didnt mean to do that when in fact they do

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
this might true that players dont mean to do it, but if you take away the penalty then players will just keep on doing and so oh im sorry i didnt mean to do that when in fact they do

I much rather live with that then having huge games decided by this ****** rule.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Great game so far. This is going to be a helluva third period! There's definitely something wrong with Ovechkin yet he keeps on getting big minutes... that's great for Finland if he plays like that. That said, he probably scores 3 goals in the third...

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
A rule they could easily apply to this situation as well. I just think 2 minutes for that is too much.

A minor penalty for delay of game shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who deliberately shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck outside the playing area during the play or after a stoppage of play.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

The "can't change players" is in addition, its for icing. But for shooting it out of the playing area the term deliberately should be considered yes. But its easy to understand refs - difficult to judge when deliberate so just penalize all - fair for all.

vezna*

hope for russia's sake they beat finland after running their mouths over beating canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese