• [2] Vegas Golden Knights

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
This thread will be used to vote and debate on match-ups for the Semi Finals. Match-ups are as follows;

MATCH-UP #1:

Toronto - @hockeynorth
vs
Los Angeles - @Makaveli

:leafs

Svechnikov - Malkin - Rust
Gaudreau - Karlsson - Bjorkstrand
Parise - Hischier - Hornqvist
Mangiapane - Henrique - D. Brown

Josi - McAvoy
Theodore - Fox
Dunn - Johnson

Hellebuyck
Crawford

vs

full

B. Tkachuk - Eichel - Pastrňák
Guentzel - Giroux - Fiala
Olofsson - Nugent-Hopkins - Buchnevich
McCann - Eller - Dzingel

McDonagh - Makar
Muzzin - Trouba
Orlov - Shattenkirk

Andersen
Koskinen

MATCH-UP #2:

Columbus - @Blinny
vs
Vegas - @AveryStar4Eva

full

Laine - Barkov - Voracek
Huberdeau - Monahan - Hoffman
Debrusk - Trochek - Lindholm
Palat - Jenner - Jarnkrok

Brodin - Pietrangelo
Krug - Carlo
Goligoski - Brodie

Bishop
Korpisalo

vs

full

Ehlers - Scheifele - R Smith
Kreider - O'Rielly - Pavelski
Bertuzzi - Duchene - Josh Bailey
Beauvillier - Coyle - C Smith

Hedman - S. Weber
Schmidt - Niskanen
Skjei - Manson

Vasilevskiy
Khudobin

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafsvs:kings
The Matchup Of The Super Teams… LA vs Toronto
Torontos strengths for this matchup:
  • Elite level goaltending, both start and backup
  • Elite blueline, both elite high end talent and excellent depth
  • The best forward depth, with elite players on every line as opposed to one that is loaded up
Must know information:
Toronto has to date had to go through a much tougher path than LA by random seeding, knocking off a group of elite forwards in Ottawa, and then arguably the 3rd best team, and top shut down team in Colorado. This is no longer your typical Toronto team, rather this is a battle hardened group that is proven neither elite offence, nor unmatchable defence can shut them down, led by a playoff beast in Malkin, MVP calibre goalie in Hellebuyck and all world defence with multiple Norris calibre players, they’re primed to take the cup…

The matchup view:
1st lines: Torontos head coach is well aware of the super line of LAs side of the ice, but he’s sticking with what’s working and keeping his elite players spread out as opposed to throwing together the Gaudreau-Malkin-Svechnikov super line. Instead LA has to face a beastly playoff Malkin, proven to be able to put a whole team on his back, one of the most dynamic players in the NHL in Svechnikov (who’s also turned into a great defensive player and aggressor) and point per game speedy Brian Rust. Toronto feels fully confident they can out score LA. While LA may have the top winger in Pastrnak, Toronto has the next two in Svechnikov/Rust who both are having unbelievable seasons and the top C in Malkin, and you cannot ignore the chemistry this line has.

2nd lines: This line should prove the hardest debate for votes, for you cannot say Fiala is better now without acknowledging that Bjorkstrand simply had a dominant year, and did indeed play at a higher level, providing quite the catch 22 for anyone arguing against Bjork and for Fiala. Next, you have to look and the magic Jonny Hockey can make. The guy is simply magic and when he isn’t carrying the load you can expect him to go crazy with free rein, which Toronto will provide. He should easily outmatch Guentzel. You’re pairing this with the Cowboy Wild Bill who knows just what it takes to win some hard hockey games. Giroux lately has become more of a winger than a C, and quite simply Torontos second line are better players than those on LA. Toronto is dynamic, offensive, can play two way hockey if they have to and quite frankly know how to fight for it. How do you vote for a Crosby-less Guentzel, nonwinger Giroux and Fiala over this group.

Line 3: And here are where the scales tip yet again in Torontos favour like all previous matchups. Hischier plays elite two way hockey while having the smarts to produce with some of the best line mates he’s ever had. Hornqvist will play a heavy brand of hockey that should effectively neutralize Buchenevich, Nuge feeds off the Oilers super stars production and Zach Parise is what Olofsson one day would aspire to be. This is where Torontos depth would really cause fits for LA as this line can play some excellent two way hockey, while also having a resurgent Zach Parise playing super star hockey again.

L4: So LA clearly tried to build a shut down line, but they didn’t think about the fact that some elite players can play shut down hockey too, which is what Toronto did. Torontos fourth line has a (much) better Eller in Henrique, some of the best wheels in the whole series in Mangiapane, and obviously heavy hitting, career returning Dustin Brown. Torontos fourth line is an elite version of LAs and can actually play against other teams better players.

D1: Ah the blueline, where Toronto feels most comfortable. In this matchup we see an elite line facing an elite pairing, one LA has yet to encounter. McAvoy and Josi can combine for some of the fastest puck moving, yet most defensively reliable hockey from the backend imaginable and would simply outmatch Makar and McDonagh. Here we have two proven elite players (one of whom will likely win the Norris this year) able to act as an elite offensive pair or play lock down shut down hockey and Torontos top pair is simply better.

D2: Yet again see Toronto having the advantage, with Theodore proving unstoppable this year and Fox showing to be every bit the elite offensive dman you could want. They will outstate LAs second pair into the ground, while playing great hockey at both ends as opposed to one. And should anyone choose to call his unproven don’t forget Makar is on their first pair, and Theodore has near 300 regular season games along with 50 in the playoffs.

D3: Vince Dunn has shown he’s one of the NHLs premiere defencemen by analytical standpoints, and Erik Johnson is the perfect person to show him just what to do to play at a top level rate. Dunn is better than Shattenkirk in 2020 and Johnson is what one day Orlov will be.

Goaltending: Okay so take it from a leafs fan, Andersen chokes in the playoffs, he’s unreliable. But besides that Hellebuyck plays MVP level goaltending, while Crawford still puts up excellent goalie stats, better than Andersen even who had a .909 this year. My backup would be the best goalie on his team, but Hellebuyck alone can win a series (or 4) and for that Toronto takes this matchup.

So overall you have to consider what you value most, but Toronto has the better forward depth, better goalies and better defensemen by far, all while having players who can put up the same numbers as LAs guys this year. So for those reasons, you should vote Toronto to win this matchup!

:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs:leafs

Reactions: Makaveli

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'll say it, these are my 1st (Toronto), 2nd (LA), 4th (Columbus) and 5th (Vegas) ranked teams.

I wanted Toronto vs LA final

@Makaveli thanks for running this it was a ton of fun

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
TORONTO VS LOS ANGELES

:leafs vs :kings

Both of these teams are great. Good-luck to my opponent @hockeynorth , you have assembled an awesome team. Here is why mine is better!

I truly believe all of you have made up your minds already on who the best team is in the tournament, so I will keep this fairly short. Let's start with the forwards. Top 6 is fairly even balanced, I would give Los Angeles the advantage due to their top line. Toronto's top line isn't bad at all, but i'll say it again; The Eichel-Pasta duo is the best in the tournament and will be hard to stop! Bottom 6 is a wash in my eyes. I know @hockeynorth hates on my 4th line, but is a very responsible line who can chip in offensively. On D, the top 4 is fairly even. Toronto's D is more offense, and Los Angeles D is more 2 way play. I would give the slight advantage to Toronto for their top 4. For the bottom pair give me Los Angeles ALL DAY. Orlov is a workhorse and would be the perfect compliment to Shattenkirk who has had a resurgence this year. Dunn and Johnson are solid but my pair is much better suited for this tournament. Goalies I would give an advantage to Toronto because Hellebuyck is the best of the 4. But at this stage it is pretty much a coin flip, Andersen and Koskinen have both proved to be great goaltenders, put them behind a team like mine and they would be ELITE. I would take both of them over Crawford quite easily. So all in all, while I believe this will be a close match-up, I would have to give the advantage to Los Angeles for their dynamic top line and great defensive depth. LOS ANGELES in 7

VOTE FOR :kings

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
  • The best forward depth, with elite players on every line as opposed to one that is loaded up
Must know information:
Toronto has to date had to go through a much tougher path than LA by random seeding, knocking off a group of elite forwards in Ottawa, and then arguably the 3rd best team, and top shut down team in Colorado. This is no longer your typical Toronto team, rather this is a battle hardened group that is proven neither elite offence, nor unmatchable defence can shut them down, led by a playoff beast in Malkin, MVP calibre goalie in Hellebuyck and all world defence with multiple Norris calibre players, they’re primed to take the cup…

The matchup view:
1st lines: Torontos head coach is well aware of the super line of LAs side of the ice, but he’s sticking with what’s working and keeping his elite players spread out as opposed to throwing together the Gaudreau-Malkin-Svechnikov super line. Instead LA has to face a beastly playoff Malkin, proven to be able to put a whole team on his back, one of the most dynamic players in the NHL in Svechnikov (who’s also turned into a great defensive player and aggressor) and point per game speedy Brian Rust. Toronto feels fully confident they can out score LA. While LA may have the top winger in Pastrnak, Toronto has the next two in Svechnikov/Rust who both are having unbelievable seasons and the top C in Malkin, and you cannot ignore the chemistry this line has.

2nd lines: This line should prove the hardest debate for votes, for you cannot say Fiala is better now without acknowledging that Bjorkstrand simply had a dominant year, and did indeed play at a higher level, providing quite the catch 22 for anyone arguing against Bjork and for Fiala. Next, you have to look and the magic Jonny Hockey can make. The guy is simply magic and when he isn’t carrying the load you can expect him to go crazy with free rein, which Toronto will provide. He should easily outmatch Guentzel. You’re pairing this with the Cowboy Wild Bill who knows just what it takes to win some hard hockey games. Giroux lately has become more of a winger than a C, and quite simply Torontos second line are better players than those on LA. Toronto is dynamic, offensive, can play two way hockey if they have to and quite frankly know how to fight for it. How do you vote for a Crosby-less Guentzel, nonwinger Giroux and Fiala over this group.

Line 3: And here are where the scales tip yet again in Torontos favour like all previous matchups. Hischier plays elite two way hockey while having the smarts to produce with some of the best line mates he’s ever had. Hornqvist will play a heavy brand of hockey that should effectively neutralize Buchenevich, Nuge feeds off the Oilers super stars production and Zach Parise is what Olofsson one day would aspire to be. This is where Torontos depth would really cause fits for LA as this line can play some excellent two way hockey, while also having a resurgent Zach Parise playing super star hockey again.

L4: So LA clearly tried to build a shut down line, but they didn’t think about the fact that some elite players can play shut down hockey too, which is what Toronto did. Torontos fourth line has a (much) better Eller in Henrique, some of the best wheels in the whole series in Mangiapane, and obviously heavy hitting, career returning Dustin Brown. Torontos fourth line is an elite version of LAs and can actually play against other teams better players.

D1: Ah the blueline, where Toronto feels most comfortable. In this matchup we see an elite line facing an elite pairing, one LA has yet to encounter. McAvoy and Josi can combine for some of the fastest puck moving, yet most defensively reliable hockey from the backend imaginable and would simply outmatch Makar and McDonagh. Here we have two proven elite players (one of whom will likely win the Norris this year) able to act as an elite offensive pair or play lock down shut down hockey and Torontos top pair is simply better.

D2: Yet again see Toronto having the advantage, with Theodore proving unstoppable this year and Fox showing to be every bit the elite offensive dman you could want. They will outstate LAs second pair into the ground, while playing great hockey at both ends as opposed to one. And should anyone choose to call his unproven don’t forget Makar is on their first pair, and Theodore has near 300 regular season games along with 50 in the playoffs.

D3: Vince Dunn has shown he’s one of the NHLs premiere defencemen by analytical standpoints, and Erik Johnson is the perfect person to show him just what to do to play at a top level rate. Dunn is better than Shattenkirk in 2020 and Johnson is what one day Orlov will be.

Goaltending: Okay so take it from a leafs fan, Andersen chokes in the playoffs, he’s unreliable. But besides that Hellebuyck plays MVP level goaltending, while Crawford still puts up excellent goalie stats, better than Andersen even who had a .909 this year. My backup would be the best goalie on his team, but Hellebuyck alone can win a series (or 4) and for that Toronto takes this matchup.

So overall you have to consider what you value most, but Toronto has the better forward depth, better goalies and better defensemen by far, all while having players who can put up the same numbers as LAs guys this year. So for those reasons, you should vote Toronto to win this matchup!

You have a great team, but a lot of your explanations are very, very biased.

Hischier is a smart two way beast, but Nuge leeches off of Oilers superstars? Nuge is a much better 3rd line center than Hischier. I like Bjorkstrand, but he is nowhere near Fiala, who was the Wild's top forward this year.

I do agree that you have better goaltending, and maybe a slightly better defense, but LA has a better forward group.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
TORONTO VS LOS ANGELES

Both of these teams are great. Good-luck to my opponent @hockeynorth , you have assembled an awesome team. Here is why mine is better!

I truly believe all of you have made up your minds already on who the best team is in the tournament, so I will keep this fairly short. Let's start with the forwards. Top 6 is fairly even balanced, I would give Los Angeles the advantage due to their top line. Toronto's top line isn't bad at all, but i'll say it again; The Eichel-Pasta duo is the best in the tournament and will be hard to stop! Bottom 6 is a wash in my eyes. I know @hockeynorth hates on my 4th line, but is a very responsible line who can chip in offensively. On D, the top 4 is fairly even. Toronto's D is more offense, and Los Angeles D is more 2 way play. I would give the slight advantage to Toronto for their top 4. For the bottom pair give me Los Angeles ALL DAY. Orlov is a workhorse and would be the perfect compliment to Shattenkirk who has had a resurgence this year. Dunn and Johnson are solid but my pair is much better suited for this tournament. Goalies I would give an advantage to Toronto because Hellebuyck is the best of the 4. But at this stage it is pretty much a coin flip, Andersen and Koskinen have both proved to be great goaltenders, put them behind a team like mine and they would be ELITE. I would take both of them over Crawford quite easily. So all in all, while I believe this will be a close match-up, I would have to give the advantage to Los Angeles for their dynamic top line and great defensive depth. LOS ANGELES in 7

Your top line truly is amazing man I give you cudos for that. Honestly my recommendation for your team for this matchup would've been to spread it out more, at least removing Tkachuk to fight my depth. I'd argue Svechnikov-Malkin could be the best but chemistry is obviously a huge factor there. AS IS: L1 LA, L2: Toronto, L3: Toronto, L4: Toronto, D1: Toronto, D2: Toronto, D3: LA, G: Toronto. It's a tale of the top line vs the top pair + goalie combo

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
You have a great team, but a lot of your explanations are very, very biased.

Hischier is a smart two way beast, but Nuge leeches off of Oilers superstars? Nuge is a much better 3rd line center than Hischier. I like Bjorkstrand, but he is nowhere near Fiala, who was the Wild's top forward this year.

I do agree that you have better goaltending, and maybe a slightly better defense, but LA has a better forward group.
I feel you really don't know just what Bjorkstrand did this year. Near even pace, but Bjork led in hits/one less takeaway in less games, better Corsi and Fenwick. Bjorkstrand had one of the best years for wingers this year and really broke out, I would take Nuge over Hischier though just think Hischier is better two ways which fits well with my 3rd line. People need to know just how great Bjorkstrand was this year though, he was almost identical to Gallagher. For comparison I'd wanted Fiala for my 3rd line wing slot, while Bjork was drafted to be on my 2nd line

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I feel you really don't know just what Bjorkstrand did this year. Near even pace, but Bjork led in hits/one less takeaway in less games, better Corsi and Fenwick. Bjorkstrand had one of the best years for wingers this year and really broke out, I would take Nuge over Hischier though just think Hischier is better two ways which fits well with my 3rd line.

I really like Kevin Fiala. He's so dynamic and was absolutely insane in 2020. I admit though, I didn't realize how good of a year Bjorkstrand had.

However, I don't think you understand how good Nuge was this year. He was a near ppg player all while being great defensively. Hischier's at a similar level in his own end but he's a few steps behind on offence. Nuge was probably one of the best forwards in 2020.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Since @hockeynorth liked the idea of why we voted:

I voted LA because their forward group is simply way above Toronto in this case, La's Defense may not be as elite as Toronto but it is very competent, both goalies are also quite good with the nod going to Toronto. The strength of LA's forward group would be what gives them the edge, it is simply that much better in my eyes.

I voted Vegas because I feel they are simply better in terms of Forward, Defense, and Goaltending compared for CBJ.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Must know information:

The matchup view:
1st lines: Torontos head coach is well aware of the super line of LAs side of the ice, but he’s sticking with what’s working and keeping his elite players spread out as opposed to throwing together the Gaudreau-Malkin-Svechnikov super line. Instead LA has to face a beastly playoff Malkin, proven to be able to put a whole team on his back, one of the most dynamic players in the NHL in Svechnikov (who’s also turned into a great defensive player and aggressor) and point per game speedy Brian Rust. Toronto feels fully confident they can out score LA. While LA may have the top winger in Pastrnak, Toronto has the next two in Svechnikov/Rust who both are having unbelievable seasons and the top C in Malkin, and you cannot ignore the chemistry this line has. You already know how I feel about the top lines.

2nd lines: This line should prove the hardest debate for votes, for you cannot say Fiala is better now without acknowledging that Bjorkstrand simply had a dominant year, and did indeed play at a higher level, providing quite the catch 22 for anyone arguing against Bjork and for Fiala. Next, you have to look and the magic Jonny Hockey can make. The guy is simply magic and when he isn’t carrying the load you can expect him to go crazy with free rein, which Toronto will provide. He should easily outmatch Guentzel. You’re pairing this with the Cowboy Wild Bill who knows just what it takes to win some hard hockey games. Giroux lately has become more of a winger than a C, and quite simply Torontos second line are better players than those on LA. Toronto is dynamic, offensive, can play two way hockey if they have to and quite frankly know how to fight for it. How do you vote for a Crosby-less Guentzel, nonwinger Giroux and Fiala over this group. Have you seen Fiala this year? He has been AMAZING. I like Bjork, but Fiala is easily the better player. Giroux still plays C and is still an Elite option. Crosby-less Guentz? Giroux is one of the best play-makers and Fiala is a great dynamic fit. LA all day.

Line 3: And here are where the scales tip yet again in Torontos favour like all previous matchups. Hischier plays elite two way hockey while having the smarts to produce with some of the best line mates he’s ever had. Hornqvist will play a heavy brand of hockey that should effectively neutralize Buchenevich, Nuge feeds off the Oilers super stars production and Zach Parise is what Olofsson one day would aspire to be. This is where Torontos depth would really cause fits for LA as this line can play some excellent two way hockey, while also having a resurgent Zach Parise playing super star hockey again. Olofsson was better than Parise this year. He will be an elite goal scorer for years to come. RNH feeds off elite talent? He regularly anchors his own line and Hischier ASPIRES to be RNH one day. Buch is underrated, he had a really good year on a shitty NYR team.

L4: So LA clearly tried to build a shut down line, but they didn’t think about the fact that some elite players can play shut down hockey too, which is what Toronto did. Torontos fourth line has a (much) better Eller in Henrique, some of the best wheels in the whole series in Mangiapane, and obviously heavy hitting, career returning Dustin Brown. Torontos fourth line is an elite version of LAs and can actually play against other teams better players.4th line is wash at best. I have better forward depth, 4th line is great for my team.

D1: Ah the blueline, where Toronto feels most comfortable. In this matchup we see an elite line facing an elite pairing, one LA has yet to encounter. McAvoy and Josi can combine for some of the fastest puck moving, yet most defensively reliable hockey from the backend imaginable and would simply outmatch Makar and McDonagh. Here we have two proven elite players (one of whom will likely win the Norris this year) able to act as an elite offensive pair or play lock down shut down hockey and Torontos top pair is simply better. Makar is going to win the Calder, pair him with an elite 2 way player like McDonagh? There's no telling how many points he will put up. Josi is the best defencemen but it is a lot closer than you are saying

D2: Yet again see Toronto having the advantage, with Theodore proving unstoppable this year and Fox showing to be every bit the elite offensive dman you could want. They will outstate LAs second pair into the ground, while playing great hockey at both ends as opposed to one. And should anyone choose to call his unproven don’t forget Makar is on their first pair, and Theodore has near 300 regular season games along with 50 in the playoffs. Muzzin-Trouba only play good at one side of the ice? I think you were talking about your pair. Muzzin-Trouba would be an elite pairing and would definitely neutralize some of your forwards.

D3: Vince Dunn has shown he’s one of the NHLs premiere defencemen by analytical standpoints, and Erik Johnson is the perfect person to show him just what to do to play at a top level rate. Dunn is better than Shattenkirk in 2020 and Johnson is what one day Orlov will be. Orlov is a cup winning dman, he played a crucial role on that team. Johnson is on the decline, don't disrespect Orlov like that. My pair is clearly better here.

Goaltending: Okay so take it from a leafs fan, Andersen chokes in the playoffs, he’s unreliable. But besides that Hellebuyck plays MVP level goaltending, while Crawford still puts up excellent goalie stats, better than Andersen even who had a .909 this year. My backup would be the best goalie on his team, but Hellebuyck alone can win a series (or 4) and for that Toronto takes this matchup. What has Hellebuyck proved in the playoffs exactly? Andersen gets so much hate but the Leafs wouldn't even make it to Game 7 without him. Crawford is not who he used to be . give me Koskinen over and Andersen easily over Crawford. Is that a joke?

Some feedback for your points. Cheers!

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Your top line truly is amazing man I give you cudos for that. Honestly my recommendation for your team for this matchup would've been to spread it out more, at least removing Tkachuk to fight my depth. I'd argue Svechnikov-Malkin could be the best but chemistry is obviously a huge factor there. AS IS: L1 LA, L2: Toronto, L3: Toronto, L4: Toronto, D1: Toronto, D2: Toronto, D3: LA, G: Toronto. It's a tale of the top line vs the top pair + goalie combo
I see it as L1 LA, L2 Toronto, L3 LA, L4 wash. D1 Toronto, D2 LA, D3 LA, G Toronto

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I see it as L1 LA, L2 Toronto, L3 LA, L4 wash. D1 Toronto, D2 LA, D3 LA, G Toronto
Thats fair some are close though I take my L4 and D2 over yours, I love your D2 as well.

Regardless better D + better G vs better forwards seems to be how most people see it

Helle had a .922 in the playoffs last time

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Tkachuk on my top line IS spreading my depth. Allows me to form a great 2nd line of Guentz-Giroux-Fiala.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Thats fair some are close though I take my L4 and D2 over yours, I love your D2 as well.

Regardless better D + better G vs better forwards seems to be how most people see it

Helle had a .922 in the playoffs last time
Very close match-up in my eyes.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Very close match-up in my eyes.
Oh yeah I have the whole matchup as super close, I just don't think the goalies are all that close, I think it's the biggest gap. I can see this going either which way and I won't be mad

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I think next time if we did something similar to this I would take it to the main board for voting. Just for those extra votes in close match-ups.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Going with Toronto. Just like their defence a little bit better, very close match up though. Obviously I’m voting for Vegas as that’s my team, but I do feel we are a bit stronger on the defensive side while offence is pretty even.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
TORONTO VS LOS ANGELES

I truly believe all of you have made up your minds already on who the best team is in the tournament, so I will keep this fairly short. Let's start with the forwards. Top 6 is fairly even balanced, I would give Los Angeles the advantage due to their top line I can agree with this, your top line is awesome, my second is awesome, line 1>line 2 so (but don't underestimate Malkin). Toronto's top line isn't bad at all, but i'll say it again; The Eichel-Pasta duo is the best in the tournament But my pairs will click as well and will be hard to stop! Bottom 6 is a wash in my eyes. I know @hockeynorth hates on my 4th line you have an NHL 4th liner on it..., but is a very responsible line who can chip in offensively My guys all actually shut down top lines while chipping in offensively. On D, the top 4 is fairly even. Toronto's D is more offense, and Los Angeles D is more 2 way play Josi/Theodore/McAvoy all play great defensive hockey?. I would give the slight advantage to Toronto for their top 4. For the bottom pair give me Los Angeles ALL DAY. Orlov is a workhorse true! and would be the perfect compliment to Shattenkirk who has had a resurgence this year Dunn is basically Shattenkirk but doesn't get beat defensively as bad. Dunn and Johnson are solid but my pair is much better suited for this tournament. Goalies I would give an advantage to Toronto because Hellebuyck is the best of the 4. But at this stage it is pretty much a coin flip, Andersen and Koskinen have both proved to be great goaltenders, put them behind a team like mine and they would be ELITE But you have to isolate, Crawford too would be elite behind my team as he had some of the best numbers for goalies this year on a horrible team, why isn't a .917 and 2.77 acknowledged at all?. I would take both of them over Crawford quite easily. So all in all, while I believe this will be a close match-up, I would have to give the advantage to Los Angeles for their dynamic top line and great defensive depth Even though Toronto has the better top four by a wide margin, better goalies and deeper forward corps?. LOS ANGELES in 7 Toronto in 7

I'll do the same with yours, good luck to you too @Makaveli, your team was well built and thought out

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think next time if we did something similar to this I would take it to the main board for voting. Just for those extra votes in close match-ups.
If it's a tie after say today, take it there

Holy its 5/5, who's on which side of this man...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad