WC: Semi-final Pre-Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but czech complex never existed, it's only fan's excuse. It has always been just about being worse in hockey game. ;)
It has not. You won 12 games out of 15 against Slovaks at World Champs/Olympics. We just two. Do you want to tell me that the difference between Slovak and Czech hockey is so huge? If yes, then you should dominate world hockey. Plus, also in those 15 games, you were not in 12 ones each time the better team. Definitely not.

I do not doubt that Czech hockey is better than Slovak, but the Czech complex existed and I can't get rid of the feeling that it still does exist. Otherwise then coach of Slovak U16 NT after the win over Czech 7:2 last season would have never said, that "beating Czechs is better than having a good sex." (Of course, it was said in little bit different way with more expressive words :) )

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
It has not. You won 12 games out of 15 against Slovaks at World Champs/Olympics. We just two. Do you want to tell me that the difference between Slovak and Czech hockey is so huge? If yes, then you should dominate world hockey. Plus, also in those 15 games, you were not in 12 ones each time the better team. Definitely not.

I do not doubt that Czech hockey is better than Slovak, but the Czech complex existed and I can't get rid of the feeling that it still does exist. Otherwise then coach of Slovak U16 NT after the win over Czech 7:2 last season would have never said, that "beating Czechs is better than having a good sex." (Of course, it was said in little bit different way with more expressive words :) )

Wow, a Slovak persuading a Czech that something like a Czech complex actually does exist. Now that is something you don´t get to see very often!:laugh:

js10

Oct 8, 2009
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but czech complex never existed, it's only fan's excuse. It has always been just about being worse in hockey game. ;)

constantly making same mistakes was reason it had developed in fans' minds into a complex. time to reverse the history tomorrow with Czech coach

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
2 trapping teams and a diving team in the semis... entertaining

Will cheer for finland :)

HURRATA SUOMI!!!1:handclap:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If semis will be as half as entertaining as QF's, we're in for a threat. All organizational shortcomings aside, this tournament is really fun for a neutral.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Honestly, I would be devastated if Czech R. lost this semifinal (with all respect to the opponent). This Slovak team really surprised me, they did a great job, but I couldn't bear a loss from this game. This is a must win.

We'd never hear the end of it :laugh:

But I totally agree. If there is one thing that I am certain of in this world (except for death and taxes) is that we will beat Slovakia. It seems so certain, yet given that we beat Sweden yesterday (and that seemed unlikely) it's possible we can lose. But I think I'm confident in a win.

Asmodian

May 14, 2012
I am not at all certain as to who will win Finland Russia. I want Russia to win but I think it is probably 60 / 40 for Finland. The game against Noway was not that convincing, I hope that was nerves to realy not wanting to go out in 1/4s to an outsider.
Finland has become a difficult team for Russia to beat since 1990s, if USA had made the semi I would be much more comfortable of the result. Not to say USA is a bad team but Russia generaly does much better agains NA teams. The only team worse then finland to meat in the semis would have been the chezks.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
We'd never hear the end of it :laugh:

But I totally agree. If there is one thing that I am certain of in this world (except for death and taxes) is that we will beat Slovakia. It seems so certain, yet given that we beat Sweden yesterday (and that seemed unlikely) it's possible we can lose. But I think I'm confident in a win.

i need to quote this original post cos i believe you will change it after loss and i will be here to quote it again with massive amount of LOL&troll memes

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
For me this is tough. I like all the remaining teams.
But I guess since Slovakia beat Canada and Finland beat the US I'll cheer for Slovakia and Finland.

Then I don't know, toss a coin I guess:laugh:

I've always liked Finland (they play so much like Canada usually) but I like Slovakia too.....and the Czech's....where's the coin to toss.

Sorry Russia, you guys are spoiled when it comes to hockey. The one thing I love about the Russians, the country asks and the players love to play for Mother Russia.......can't say as many Canadian players have that attitude.:cry:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
And, as usual, I'm cheering for Finland. Last year was almost like if as Germany won. Go for the repeat!!

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
I'm happy about the schedule, this way I will manage to watch UCL final as well.

Spawnisen

Kaapo Kakko.
Feb 11, 2010
Finland
I'm very excited for the Russia game even tho my expectations aren't high. Ovie, Malkin, Semin, Kuznetsov and so forth..
Anyway, it will be a nice day.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
i need to quote this original post cos i believe you will change it after loss and i will be here to quote it again with massive amount of LOL&troll memes

Right............good for you ;) I couldn't really care less. I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong about something ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg