Speculation: Selling High on Cam Talbot

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Kids legit, all be it old, still a good GM has got to sell high on this kid if at all possible. It sucks but you can't hand Henke 8 mill per and then not make him THE MAN. Plus we need help in other areas.

And the kid deserves a bona fide shot as a starter

thoughts?

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Kids legit, all be it old, still a good GM has got to sell high on this kid if at all possible. It sucks but you can't hand Henke 8 mill per and then not make him THE MAN. Plus we need help in other areas.

thoughts?

What has he done to deserve a shot as a start? Play like 8 good games? Should we rattle off the list of goaltenders who had an entire season of success and came back down to earth? Happy with his play, but how about we see how he handles a full season as a backup before we start making any drastic claims? At the least, what team out there is going to make any sort of quality offer for Talbot? I don't see anyone handing us more than a 5th for him.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm not with it. He's a great backup.

If you can get a consistent 40 point 3rd liner or maybe even a 2nd round pick, sure. But I don't see anybody giving that up for a guy who has played 10 games. Let him back Hank up for the next however many years.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

thoughts?

Until Lundqvist stops playing like pure ass... he shouldn't go anywhere. When Hank becomes Hank again.. then explore that option.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Even if Hank was at the top of his game - No.

For once I feel confident with the backup playing.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Just win baby just win

Let the naysayers keep living in the past.

The guy that should've been sold high is now watching on the bench.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The only way this would constitute selling high is if you thought the kid was not legit.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I have to admit, I'm intrigued. He's not the next starter; He's not going to wait around 8 years. He's playing well as a backup, but maybe too well.

Backup goaltenders aren't terribly tough to come by. If Slats can sell him as a starter though, there could be some real value. Imagine a package of Talbot-MDZ?

I don't know. Haven't put too much thought into it.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I want to keep Cam, cuz I'm greedy, but if he gets around 20-25 starts and keeps up his stats Calder is not out of the question.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Just win baby just win

Let the naysayers keep living in the past.

The guy that should've been sold high is now watching on the bench.

Maybe so... but he has been pretty consistent over many years. They overpaid for a tender in 2014. But now that they have....

Its a chess game... have to move the pieces to make a better team around Henke. There is no turning back.

Sather should be making calls

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Maybe so... but he has been pretty consistent over many years. They overpaid for a tender in 2014. But now that they have....

Its a chess game... have to move the pieces to make a better team around Henke. There is no turning back.

Sather should be making calls

No, it's not "maybe so."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig