Seider vs Drysdale

In a vacuum, who do you think is the better prospect?

• Total voters

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Drysdale reminds me of Tyson Barrie, Seider reminds me of Kronwall. I’d take take Kronwall over Barrie 10/10.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I like Drysdale more. I pick him. I like his iq and offensive upside. hard choice though.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Seider's been the best D in the SHL this year. I still take him. Drysdale might catch up though.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Drysdale looks damn good. I can't not go with Seider though. That size will always be a major asset and he has a physical game that you can't teach.

Sanderson is good but should and likely would be distant 3rd in a 3-way poll.

I trust Ottawa’s scouting and development system over Detroit’s and Anaheim’s. We turned Karlsson and Chabot, two mid-first round picks, into #1 defensemen. And I’m as high on Sanderson as I was on EK65.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
is there anything that Drysdale does better than Seider other than having a better slap shot?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
What does Drysdale do worse?

Seider's the more physical player.

Drysdale's better offensively and a more dynamic player, although I think Seider's straight line speed might be better.

Overall its extremely close, although I'd lean towards Drysdale.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I trust Ottawa’s scouting and development system over Detroit’s and Anaheim’s. We turned Karlsson and Chabot, two mid-first round picks, into #1 defensemen. And I’m as high on Sanderson as I was on EK65.

Please don't make this thread into a Sanderson vs Drysdale thread.

As for the poll, we're all just guessing. I think Seider ends up a better player long-term. Nothing to base that on other than a hunch.

Reactions: HzH and topshelf15

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Seider is more physical, which gives him an advantage in certain parts of the game defensively. However, I don’t think Seider is better in any major part of the game. This is a similar discussion to the Drysdale/Seider one with the difference being Seider’s a lot more proven than Sanderson.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What does Drysdale do worse?

Defend.

Seider is the best prospect outside of the NHL right now. Best defender in the SHL when he just showed up randomly without training camp to a new team as a 19 year old.

I would take Drysdale over Sanderson and think hes really good but Drysdale hasnt hit a level Seider played at in the SHL this year, despite it being the toughest league by far that either have spent much time in. Drysdale in 2 WJCs has never hit a level that Seider played at in that tournament in his draft+1 year either. Almost half a foot of height, a wingspan over 6'6" and 20+ lbs of weight isnt anything to shake a stick at either. At the NHL level thats a massive advantage, especially when it doesnt come at the cost of a huge difference in skating.

And the offense Seider showed this year should start to put the offensive difference to bed a bit as well. Seider can hang offensively, even if Drysdale is better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Defend.

Seider is the best prospect outside of the NHL right now. Best defender in the SHL when he just showed up randomly without training camp to a new team as a 19 year old.

I would take Drysdale over Sanderson and think hes really good but Drysdale hasnt hit a level Seider played at in the SHL this year, despite it being the toughest league by far that either have spent much time in. Drysdale in 2 WJCs has never hit a level that Seider played at in that tournament in his draft+1 year either. Almost half a foot of height, a wingspan over 6'6" and 20+ lbs of weight isnt anything to shake a stick at either. At the NHL level thats a massive advantage, especially when it doesnt come at the cost of a huge difference in skating.

And the offense Seider showed this year should start to put the offensive difference to bed a bit as well. Seider can hang offensively, even if Drysdale is better.

I think you are significantly underrating Drysdale’s defense and his performance at the WJC this season, but we can agree to disagree.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I think Seider is more physical, which gives him an advantage in certain parts of the game defensively. However, I don’t think Seider is better in any major part of the game. This is a similar discussion to the Drysdale/Seider one with the difference being Seider’s a lot more proven than Sanderson.
Certain parts of the game defensively?

Are you suggesting that Drysdale is on par if not better than Seider overall defensively? If so, that’s an argument I’ve certainly never heard before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad