Value of: Seguin to Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I mean why trade for him of you know he won’t resign? Its the same thing so might as well wait this summer and gamble he’s a gold digger.
well if you trade for him you might get him to fall in love with the city. Maybe Montreal even outperforms expectations with a legit 1C. but yeah if I were Montreal I would be patient and try to draft and develop players

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
well if you trade for him you might get him to fall in love with the city. Maybe Montreal even outperforms expectations with a legit 1C. but yeah if I were Montreal I would be patient and try to draft and develop
and thats exacly what we should do... deplet a prospect pool to get a 27 year old a 8 year contract is dumb as f***

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Pump the brake for **** sake... you just went full homer mode. I get that montreal doesn’t have much to offer. But that offer is quite ridiculous.

:D yeah the value is there. But mean that it makes no sense for the Stars sans an crazy overpayment. We have zero top 6 centers after

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
why would he even consider Montreal?

Why trade for him, if he wouldn't consider signing here? We don't have enough assets to acquire him and remain relevant...

Dallas won't let him go either. Are best assets are futures and they are trying to compete now.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
:D yeah the value is there. But mean that it makes no sense for the Stars sans an crazy overpayment. We have zero top 6 centers after
What the hell do you mean the value is there? That literally the most lopsided trade proposal ive ever seen and you even finish your sentence with i wouldnt do it, you know the most ironic thing? I bet you wouldnt do heiskanen+1st for karlsson because you would dallas gives the most value.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Only way we trade Seguin is if he won’t re-sign here or we get a better centre coming back. If Seguin doesn’t want to re-sign I think we’d trade him and rebuild.

Reactions: Kcb12345

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Everyone saying we don't have the assets are just blind. It does not make sense for both Dallas and Montreal.

But try to project how that would like in 3 years. Seguin Vs 1st 2019, Kotkaniemi, Poehling... let alone adding valuable roster players like Drouin, Gallagher, Petry, Domi

Seguin would be 29 yo with a multiple years contract earning him 10+ millions a year while Kotkaniemi, Poehling and our 2019 1st (likely top10) would be cost control top 6 players entering their prime.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Seguin and Julien are like oil and water, they don't mix.

That fact aside, Seguin gains nothing by signing with us right now. We're rebuilding and he wants to win a cup.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seguin to the town with some of the best nightlife in North America, in a market that overscrutinizes everything about its team. Playing for Claude Julien and his insistence on three zone play and defensive centers.

That would be a really entertaining dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad