Value of: Seguin to Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Lets just entertain the idea. With Claude Julien being the coach in Montreal i cant see Seguin wanting to play for him again. Especially after the Boston fiasco and all surrounding the trade to Dallas. So what would be a a fair price IF Dallas doesn't re-sign him (Seguin is worth every bit of what Tavares signed for but i can see him taking less to play with Benn).

Would Tyler Seguin want to play for the Canadiens?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Montreal doesn't have a lot of great futures so I don't see a fit for a trade.

If it were to somehow happen it starts with kotkaneimi + 2019 1st.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Montreal has nothing to offer anyone.

They are in worse shape than Ottawa goinf forward in terms of rosters and prospects.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Can't see Seguin resigning in Montreal to get pummeled by his hometown team multiple times a year for the next few years until Montreal prospects start to turn the organization around.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If we trade Seguin we are left with a 35 year old we hope bounces back to a low end 2C, an elite 3c and then a bunch of player who can play 4C as our center depth. We just cont do that right now

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Montreal writer throws out blind hope in article.

Nothing more than a guy just throwing a name out there.

Reactions: Kuola

VeeMerk

Jan 16, 2018
I appreciate the effort but this is a no-go for us Habs fans. I would LOVE to have someone of his quality on the team but we really don't have much to offer prospect wise and it's unlikely we attract him in UFA. Always nice to dream though.

Also, to Dallas fans, I hope you get a good return from him. 1 year away from being a UFA... he's holding a lot of the cards in this situation. Trust I feel you, and I know Ottawa and Islanders feel the situation too. It's not necessarily a bad thing but if he doesn't want to play in Dallas anymore its best to get ahead of this asap.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Montreal doesn’t have what it takes.

That phrase gets tossed around here often, but Montreal literally doesn’t have the necessary pieces. Not even remotely close.

Agreed. Even the worst teams in pro sports have at least one player with high value. Habs have nothing.

Either Jeff Molson is blind, calling the shots, or is being black mailed by Bergevin. It amazes me the guy still has a job.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Only way Seguin gets dealt is if Stars are out of it and he hasn't agreed to an extension. At that point only a contender would trade for him at deadline not chance he get's dealt to Canadians. As a UFA he can go anywhere he wants and will be plenty of suitors.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Canadiens have nothing that would entice it. Like heck Drouin + Kotka + Price@50% + 2x 1sts, still not sure I want to lose our only capable scoring center for that package

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He wouldn't re-sign there, and we would not trade him without a younger potential replacement coming back. Montreal wouldn't trade for him without a contract in place either.

No one else in our entire system has #1C chance so If he goes it's full rebuild or trade time

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
MTL doesn't have the assets to acquire Seguin and Dallas isn't moving Seguin.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Canadiens have nothing that would entice it. Like heck Drouin + Kotka + Price@50% + 2x 1sts, still not sure I want to lose our only capable scoring center for that package
Pump the brake for f*** sake... you just went full homer mode. I get that montreal doesn’t have much to offer. But that offer is quite ridiculous.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty sure Seguin is more interested in playing for a contender. Habs are not and will not be a contender for a fews seasons now. Don't see a fit. Habs will only be able to bring in elite level UFA's until after they focus on youth and they start to show promise. Also, under no circumstances the Habs should be making a trade depleting our prospect pool at this stage.

Reactions: HOPE

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Montreal doesn't have a lot of great futures so I don't see a fit for a trade.

If it were to somehow happen it starts with kotkaneimi + 2019 1st.
U OFFER NOTHING FOR SEGUIN U JUST SIGN HIM FOR FREE AS A FREE AGENT IN THE SUMMER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad