Pre-Game Talk: Seeing Stars 5 p.m. MST start on City TV

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If the Oilers come out flat in this one i won't even know what to think anymore

Agreed. Hendo, Caggs, and Russell are all spark plug type players that can hopefully get the team fired up and running properly.

Who sits on defense? I think I'd sit Gryba instead I Benning. Pouliot sitting is a good thing. He's been hot garbage lately.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think they move Drai to RNH's wing.

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Kassian (can he play LW?)-Cagguila-Eberle
Hendricks-Letestu-Pitlick

Honestly, I don't know. I had a hard time figuring out these combinations. Lots of interesting options. I guess they're sitting Slepyshev? :dunno:
Mclellan should sit Eberle for a game if he wants to send a real message.

I agree that Drai will likely move to RNH's wing. That's why I said RNH on McDavid's wing was My Personal Preference.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Lucic-McDavid-Pulju
Drai-RNH-Ebs
Maroon-Caggiula-Slepy
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Is my guess on lines based on some of the things on Twitter today. Interesting combos to say the least.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I don't see them separating Lucic from Mcdavid. They were buzzing last game, and even though he didn't put any points on the board Lucic had one of his best games as an Oiler. Not saying much as he has generally been bad but still.

Good call

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Slepy has been much more effective the last couple games.

Personally I disagree, but that's just my opinion. They do have similar skillsets. Caggiula too. Which is nice, because it helps build our identity. Fast, physical, good shots. I quite like that identity. All 3 of them fit it. Once Hendricks retires (I assume he will after this season) I want to get rid of Pouliot for good and put all 3 of these guys in.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hope Maroon is back with McDavid soon. Some of those golden chances Lucic got on McDavid's wing that he didn't put in, I think Maroon would have made a better play on. He just has better hands than Lucic and a better sense for the puck in scrambles. I think he works much better with McDavid.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not really sure how smart it is to just throw Caggiula into the lineup without giving him a couple of AHL games, but we'll see I guess. Thank goodness Russell is back.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Pouliot had 2.4 points per 60 minutes last year, in 18 games this year he's down to 0.9. That's a HUGE drop. Definitely one of the severe under-performers. Can't find anyone else on the team whose dip from their normal rate is even close to that severe.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wow, I was sure he plays few games in the AHL after being gone this long and with no previous NHL experience.
But excited to see how he plays and Lucic tonight as well. He played his best hockey in Boston(in his last season) with 2 of the Bostons fastest forwards.

Great news all around there. Hopefully in the time Poo is sitting out he can remove his head from his butt.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Time of the first goal against thread?

I'll pick 19:09 of first.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I agree that Drai will likely move to RNH's wing. That's why I said RNH on McDavid's wing was My Personal Preference.

I've wanted to see Nuge on the wing for a long time. Mainly to free him up to take some offensive risks instead of being so overwhelmed by his defensive responsibility as a C. And it would let him build some confidence again in his offensive game.

But, I have a feeling that McLellan is a huge Nuge fan and believes in his value playing C. Thinking it will always be Drai moving to wing when McLellan is going away from the McDavid/Nuge/Drai 3C's strategy.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I've wanted to see Nuge on the wing for a long time. Mainly to free him up to take some offensive risks instead of being so overwhelmed by his defensive responsibility as a C. And it would let him build some confidence again in his offensive game.

But, I have a feeling that McLellan is a huge Nuge fan and believes in his value playing C. Thinking it will always be Drai moving to wing when McLellan is going away from the McDavid/Nuge/Drai 3C's strategy.

I agree that McLellan is a huge Nuge fan. I am too. But I go back to the Pavelski comparison. I think RNH and McDavid would look great together.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Pouliot pb'd? Way to go Mclellan!

Mactavish be like "WUT?"

mact.jpg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
F Lines
27 - 97 - 98
19 - 93 - 14
44 - 36 - 29
23 - 55 - 42
15, 67 sit

D pairings
77 - 6
2 - 4
25 - 83
62 sits.
Wouldn't be surprised if its 25 - 6 and 77 - 83 however.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
F Lines
27 - 97 - 98
19 - 93 - 14
44 - 36 - 29
23 - 55 - 42
15, 67 sit

D pairings
77 - 6
2 - 4
25 - 83
62 sits.
Wouldn't be surprised if its 25 - 6 and 77 - 83 however.

And then Davidson comes back and we are happy campers! We actually have nhlers in the pb again. Depth depth depth.

Hope the drake has a big night. Then I can chuckle about it to myself at the Seinfeld show tonight.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Excited to see what Cagguila can do.
Dallas is struggling mightily this season, the Oilers can capitalize on this game. The Stars defence and goaltending is laughable so scoring shouldn't be a problem this game.
Offensively, they've also don't got much. Sharp and Spezza injured, Benn has been playing poorly. Just shut down Seguin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad