OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Can everyone confirm this? I don't believe i've missed anyone who has sent

@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@Summer Rose (Gainesville Magnitudes) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@RABBIT
(Mr Hugh Jass) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's) - PAID IN FULL (Zelle)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers) - PAID IN FULL (Venmo)
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach) - PAID IN FULL (Venmo)
@Hogan20 (Off The Floor n On The Board) - PAID IN FULL (Venmo)
@GiveAFlyingPuck (Chipchura’s Champs) - PAID IN FULL (Venmo)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread) - PAID IN FULL (Venmo)
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover)
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom)

Last edited:

RABBIT

Had a great time, thanks to you all! Share your rosters here..
690CE459-A28A-41A4-9E2A-49106FCE432E.jpeg

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm counting on fresh starts for OEL and Ghost rejuvenating their careers, but they might kill me in the +/- category.

upload_2021-10-10_7-14-59.png

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm counting on fresh starts for OEL and Ghost rejuvenating their careers, but they might kill me in the +/- category.

View attachment 469326
Hellebuyck was my hero in this draft last year. I think he'll have an even better season - a better d corps in front of him and a lesser backup behind him.
My failure was being slow to realize how much shot blocks and hits mattered for the rest of my roster.
Good luck MIGs Dog.

Reactions: RABBIT and MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hellebuyck was my hero in this draft last year. I think he'll have an even better season - a better d corps in front of him and a lesser backup behind him.
My failure was being slow to realize how much shot blocks and hits mattered for the rest of my roster.
Good luck MIGs Dog.

Last year as the season progressed I would look for defensemen that blocked shots and hit as well. Not only are there good fantasy points to be had, but I think those types of stats tend to be more consistent than goal-scoring which can be streaky.

RABBIT

Glad you got McDavid. I know it takes work to organize these drafts so I'm happy to see a little luck go your way - especially after being at the other end of the draft order last year.
Thanks @lanky! Was pretty shocked I won the lottery but no complaints. That said, it’s gonna take more than one guy, and some of these teams in the league this year are scary

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I wonder if ESPN will update position when they realize some of them are wrong. Could have major fantasy implications.
They’ve made these mistakes for years, don’t fix given the implications you reference.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
@RABBIT one thing I noticed is that there are no point values under the different scoring categories. As example how many points for a goal vs assist. A goal might be 3 points and an assist might be 1 point ESPN typically has standard scoring methodology which may need to be turned on.

Just given you a heads up.

Again, thanks for pulling this together.

RABBIT

I wonder if ESPN will update position when they realize some of them are wrong. Could have major fantasy implications.

They’ve made these mistakes for years, don’t fix given the implications you reference.

I like ESPN for the ease of use, and I thought that since the NHL was back in bed with ESPN that they would have a better feel on the pulse. Guess not. I’ve tried Yahoo and I wasn’t a fan but may have to force myself to be next year.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
@RABBIT one thing I noticed is that there are no point values under the different scoring categories. As example how many points for a goal vs assist. A goal might be 3 points and an assist might be 1 point ESPN typically has standard scoring methodology which may need to be turned on.

It's winning categories this year, so no more points per category, it is what it is. G = 1pt, A = 1pt, Pts = 1pt, GWG = 1pt, W = 1pt, etc...no reason to apply point values to categories when it's how many points you get within that category.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

This is like match play in golf. win the hole you get 1. Here your team has the most goals you get 1, they have more assists, they get one. 13 categories so hopefully there aren't too many ties. If you win7 categories, that's a guaranteed overall win for that week.

Reactions: MIGs Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig