OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@RABBIT

We doing this again? I received a message from ESPN that our league was reactivated. Last year was my virgin campaign and I learned a lot. I'm ready to kick ass this season. :nod:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
@RABBIT

We doing this again? I received a message from ESPN that our league was reactivated. Last year was my virgin campaign and I learned a lot. I'm ready to kick ass this season. :nod:
With the punishment please

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I’m trying to think of the easiest way to set this up. So in fairness, everybody that played last year will have first dibs on whether they want to re-up for this year. But I know the three people that I brought in (outside of this forum) that are probably not going to do it again. So I’m assuming we will have at least three spots open, maybe more if some from this forum doesn’t want to go again.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’m trying to think of the easiest way to set this up. So in fairness, everybody that played last year will have first dibs on whether they want to re-up for this year. But I know the three people that I brought in (outside of this forum) that are probably not going to do it again. So I’m assuming we will have at least three spots open, maybe more if some from this forum doesn’t want to go again.

I'm assuming the maximum number of players is roughly equal to the number of actual NHL teams, and the only other limitation is to have an even number of fantasy teams.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
that’s true, I guess I didn’t consider expanding. We’ll see where we’re at. If you want to firmly commit, maybe send me a PM

Will do. For others reading this that may be contemplating, are we going with a $50 entry fee again?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think $50 is a fun, low risk bet. But I’m also interested in an increase if that’s the majority vote :nod:

I'll contribute an original NFT, which has unlimited value. :naughty:

I recommend staying with $50 and see how many join, then those in the league can do a quick vote to hold or raise

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

PainForShaneX

Hey @RABBIT ! I'm in. It's surfshop -- played around with changing my username, but then HFBoards said I could only change names once a year so that account is now completely reset. Plus this username is too good to pass up, especially considering how bad we'll be this year. I hope it's prophetic!

Anyway I had fun last year so would love to try to repeat.

One question though, do we want to switch to Yahoo rather than ESPN? I feel like a points league like we did last year doesn't have as much strategy, still good though. If anyone else feels strongly it might be worth doing, up to you guys though. More than happy to try to defend my title with the current format =D

Reactions: RABBIT and DOTS13

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Hey @RABBIT ! I'm in. It's surfshop -- played around with changing my username, but then HFBoards said I could only change names once a year so that account is now completely reset. Plus this username is too good to pass up, especially considering how bad we'll be this year. I hope it's prophetic!

Anyway I had fun last year so would love to try to repeat.

One question though, do we want to switch to Yahoo rather than ESPN? I feel like a points league like we did last year doesn't have as much strategy, still good though. If anyone else feels strongly it might be worth doing, up to you guys though. More than happy to try to defend my title with the current format =D

@PainForShane, please contact us immediately via [email protected]. We allow one account per user.

Reactions: PainForShane

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Hi guys - as @DOTS13 said, I have them helping out with league setup this year due to a busy schedule. Last year we did head to head points. This year DOTS selected a different option. See the screenshot below. If you want to try this route, let me know. If not, we will go back to head to head points with the stats adjusted a bit from last year.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.11.15 AM.png

Also a roll call (WITH YOUR FANTASY NAME!!!) would be extremely helpful. I want to set up the draft but only received a few messages from people. If you were in last year, and want to continue to play this year, please respond here.

If I remember correctly, these were some players from last year: @middlebrook @lanky @Dr VinnyBoombatz @Surfshop @MIGs Dog @OT OEL @AZviaNJ @Jagged Ice, @PainForShane

I may be missing people, because some of your names are different in fantasy than they are here.

Last edited:

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
where is the screen shot?

I'm in, I believe I use Dr VinnyBoombatz

Here is points system that I've seen in other leagues. I felt that it allowed a little more strategy when setting up your roster week by week. Whoever wins most categories wins the week.

upload_2021-9-23_10-58-56.png

Additionally, I tweaked the position groups so that the draft + player value is a little more strategies. Rather than 9 F total, I'm proposing 3C, 3LW, 3RW. Then the same 5 D and 5 bench spots + 2 goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad