Sedins available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
The Canucks are going to sign the Sedins to a 5 year deal.
These contracts coupled with the Luongo contract will begin a long dark period for the franchise, and of course the firing of their embattled GM.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
These contracts coupled with the Luongo contract will begin a long dark period for the franchise, and of course the firing of their embattled GM.

Then they can draft two more Sedin-level talents.

onemorecup*

you are telling us you wouldn't trade eller for a top 5 point producing center for the last 8 years, hart trophy, art ross winner. If someone handled you the stanley cup, you would say no thanks? I consider henrik sedin to be a top 5 swedish player of all time, peter forsberg, nick lidstrom, henrik sedin, henrik zetterberg and mats sundin.

no effen way do i trade eller for a 33 year old in decline looking for stupid money and term

wake up my friend they are done as premier players

wtf are the sedins going to do here , set up a beauty parlour with dd ?

onemorecup*

bang on then add the contracts of bieksa, garrison, kessler , etc...

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
You could argue that Sedin should have pushed back against Marchand there, for team morale reasons, or whatever... but it seems to me that it takes bigger cajones to stand there and take it (for what should have been a guaranteed PP), than to react. Unless you really think that he was too scared to get in a scrum with big bad Brad Marchand. :laugh:

Yeah but playing Ghandi is frowned upon on HF even if it's the smart move in this situation.

When it comes to the trade itself, I wouldn't give up a huge payment for the Sedins it would set us back too far for a quick fix. If Galchennyuk, Gallagher,etc were 2-3 years older I'd be all over the Sedins even at 33-34. Unfortunately, the Habs won't be in "win now" mode until then.

Our time will come, but it isn't there yet. When we get there MTL will be a destination of choice for high profile veteran UFAs and our GM should be in a position where prospects and picks can be peddled to acquire such players without it costing the club too much.

The future is bright folks, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Not sure where you heard Lecavalier 4 years, Bergervin offered Vinny the same term and same money as Philly, maybe more, but Vinny went with Philly just like that scum Briere. I still hate Briere.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
If the Canucks continue to falter do the Canadiens make a play for the Sedins in the off-season?

I can see the Sedins potentially waving their no-trade if they are traded to a team that can contend for the Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. The Canadiens also happen to be a flag-ship original six franchise so that helps too.

If so, what can they offer?

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
If the Canucks continue to falter do the Canadiens make a play for the Sedins in the off-season?

I can see the Sedins potentially waving their no-trade if they are traded to a team that can contend for the Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. The Canadiens also happen to be a flag-ship original six franchise so that helps too.

In no situation can we afford them, salary wise and assets wise.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

They don't fit in with our core youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad