Sedins available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
ATM it is true we have no true #1C, but, we do have Pleks, Eller (who is stepping up over his last 45games or so) even DD who can play as a 2nd line C some nights. We do have Galch in a couple years too. This year isn't the time to move futures for aged vets. We are still a couple years off making that kind of move.

Cap comes into play here too. Eller and Subban will be getting raises. What is the cap going to be? Etc...etc

With Markov $5.5 mil
Murray $1.5 mil
Boullion $1.5 mil
Diaz $1.3 mil
off the books, we can resign Subban for $6.5mil per and remember Subban is making $3 mil so take that away from Markov.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
marchand-punching-sedin-gif_o_GIFSoup_com.gif

Don't want. I am not trying to say they need to fight but that was a sad display.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
sedin dorks said a few weeks ago they want to stay in van city something will get worked out, only way they leave is if torts drives them out of town

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010
Was he joking when he said our 2nd line should be desharnais gionta and briere??

i swear i thought i saw a troll face next to it

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
I'd trade Prust, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty for the two of them.

Then we can have this lineup:

Gallagher - Sedin - Sedin
Gionta - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Dumont
Bouillon - White - Bournival

Eller and MaxPac who both 10 years younger than the Sedins, and with the potential to develop into great power forwards (already on their way IMO).

No Thanks!

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011
Was he joking when he said our 2nd line should be desharnais gionta and briere??

i swear i thought i saw a troll face next to it

What do the players he ships out have in common? Now, look at that lineup again.

The only F over 6' is Galchenyuk, and he's on the 3rd line with an AHL'er with no offensive upside.

He was giving the proposal the treatment it deserves.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Why?

Galchenyuk will produce similar offense soon enough, and he doesn't pee fabric softener.

Heck, I wouldn't even trade Eller straight up for H.Sedin. He's a big body who imposes his will on defenders despite not being a bruiser. The last thing we need is more softies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Why?

Galchenyuk will produce similar offense soon enough, and he doesn't pee fabric softener.

Heck, I wouldn't even trade Eller straight up for H.Sedin. He's a big body who imposes his will on defenders despite not being a bruiser. The last thing we need is more softies.

You are telling us you wouldn't trade Eller for a top 5 point producing center for the last 8 years, Hart trophy, Art Ross winner. If someone handled you the stanley cup, you would say no thanks? I consider Henrik Sedin to be a top 5 Swedish player of all time, Peter Forsberg, Nick Lidstrom, Henrik Sedin, Henrik Zetterberg and Mats Sundin.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You are telling us you wouldn't trade Eller for a top 5 point producing center for the last 8 years, Hart trophy, Art Ross winner. If someone handled you the stanley cup, you would say no thanks? I consider Henrik Sedin to be a top 5 Swedish player of all time, Peter Forsberg, Nick Lidstrom, Henrik Sedin, Henrik Zetterberg and Mats Sundin.

You don't win with softies like Sedin.

The players you named all had/have grit to their game. Forsberg was a dominant physical player.

No, I wouldn't trade Eller for a softie. :laugh: at the thought that this is the same as being handed the Stanley Cup.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You are telling us you wouldn't trade Eller for a top 5 point producing center for the last 8 years, Hart trophy, Art Ross winner.

1- Sedin benefits from playing with another top-level player, who accidently doubles as his twin bro

2- Eller will likely never be as productive as Sedin, but his best years are AHEAD of him; Sedin's are/will soon be behind

Thirty

Three

Years

Old

If someone handled you the stanley cup, you would say no thanks?

It worked out great for Vancouver so far :sarcasm:

I consider Henrik Sedin to be a top 5 Swedish player of all time, Peter Forsberg, Nick Lidstrom, Henrik Sedin, Henrik Zetterberg and Mats Sundin.

Maybe... but what's that got to do with any team trading for him?

Lidstrom is arguably the best Swede ever. Should we offer him a contract?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The salvation for the Habs doesn't lie in trades for aging players. I'm against giving up what the Canucks would demand for the Sedins. They didn't win the Cup in 2011 and they haven't improved since then.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Pax Eller Briere
Bournival Gal Gal
Bourque Plek Gio
Prust Moen Parros

Cup with this! No room for Sedins sorry.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
No way in hell.

The Sedins do not know how to excel and win the big games.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
marchand-punching-sedin-gif_o_GIFSoup_com.gif

Don't want. I am not trying to say they need to fight but that was a sad display.

You could argue that Sedin should have pushed back against Marchand there, for team morale reasons, or whatever... but it seems to me that it takes bigger cajones to stand there and take it (for what should have been a guaranteed PP), than to react. Unless you really think that he was too scared to get in a scrum with big bad Brad Marchand. :laugh:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
The Sedins are not available and the Habs should not pursue them. End thread.

You could argue that Sedin should have pushed back against Marchand there, for team morale reasons, or whatever... but it seems to me that it takes bigger cajones to stand there and take it (for what should have been a guaranteed PP), than to react. Unless you really think that he was too scared to get in a scrum with big bad Brad Marchand. :laugh:

I wouldn't have acknowledged that dirty piece of **** by fighting back either.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I for one would love to add Sedins. Its been over 10 years + since we had talents that could guide our young guns. Colorado had Sakic and Forsberg, Pitsburgh has Malkin and Crosby. Our best forward that I could remember we had in 10 years was Koivu. Talent was Kovalev but he shows up once every 10 games.

I would offer anyone except Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Price, Tinordi, Pacioretty.

Offer, Plekanec, Bourque, Desharnais, Beaulieu and 1st round pick.

no ones taking that with a gun to their heads.

theyd be like... just shoot me

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver

The sedins have been in the league long enough to know that the refs won't save them in the playoffs in these situations. And yea.. I think he was scared to get into a scrum with marchand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad