Post-Game Talk: Sedins and Luongo lose 2-1: Oh yeah, and some other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
What? How can losing last night possibly effect the result of Saturday's game? I would rather see our guys win both, wouldn't you?

Yes.......but we all know that you can't win them all. So if I had to choose I would rather win against the leaves than the dead things.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
We've seen this team start out slow before and every year they correct that throughout the rest of the season. This is actually one of their better Octobers, while learning a new system, and one loss still results in a total **** storm around here.

I fear for some fans here if this team does ever end up actually tanking.

yeah, when we were on a 4 game winning steak, everyone was happy..

then we lose one freaking game, everyone pushes panic button....
:shakehead

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
This hasn't been a slow start to the season at all. In fact, it's been a great start! I don't think anyone has any problems with the record. It's the underlying depth issue that is masked when Beast Modo is winning games for the team and when Mike Santorelli is playing way above himself (I already said that if Santorelli proves that this is for real and can play and produce like this all year then I will eat my words. I just think it's unrealistic and, frankly, unfair to expect it).

Mind you, this issue has only been magnified now that Kesler is on the top line. If and when Kesler is returned to the 2nd line centre spot and when Hansen returns the team will look better equipped to roll lines and ease the big minutes off the star players. The big factor that still remains, though, and what my only issue is, is that Gillis needs to add at least one more top 6 forward for the long run. If that happens, you won't hear a peep from me because I'm honestly pretty happy with everything else.

Wasn't really aimed at you. I just see a lot of overreactions to one loss from certain other posters in this thread.

FWIW, I agree that we should ideally add one more Top 6 type of guy. It's unfortunate that Booth appears unable to get out of his injury trouble for long enough to see whether he has another 20 goal season in him or not.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
We've seen this team start out slow before and every year they correct that throughout the rest of the season. This is actually one of their better Octobers, while learning a new system, and one loss still results in a total **** storm around here.

I can name a few people who would actually be happy. #DestroyCoreForMcDavid

Tanevian*

luongo is 7-4-1, so yeah he is better than the other goalie most nights. or are you saying he should be winning all those games when the team in front of him is only putting up 1 goal? because all 4 of his losses are from those situations.

But not against the playoff teams which is what the convo was apparently about.

Were the Canucks supposed to score 4 against the best team in the league currently? See how that works? And another spin of the wheel!!!

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

Oh my god, how could we win against Buffalo! Our team is so much worse than theirs! We'll never get McDavid at this rate. Because that's the goal of every team, right, to win the draft lottery?

Tanevian*

Most accurate statement about anything to do with canucks hockey:

"Luongo could walk on water, and the majority of canucks fans would criticize him for not running."

That is a load of crap. It is when he is not even capable of treading water that the s*** comes down. We will always have the totally mindless Lu defenders and the mindless bashers. They are the very loud, mindless minority.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I'm about 70% convinced the people that post all this negativity after one loss aren't real people. I mean, they can't be real, can they?

John Bender*

I'm about 70% convinced the people that post all this negativity after one loss aren't real people. I mean, they can't be real, can they?

They are likely Oiler or Flame fans that create accounts with some catchy Canuck-type name and then pretend to be Vancouver fans in here.....while being passive aggressive with their posts.

A theory.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
They are likely Oiler or Flame fans that create accounts with some catchy Canuck-type name and then pretend to be Vancouver fans in here.....while being passive aggressive with their posts.

A theory.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

John Bender*

What happened to Wetcoaster, he was back and now gone again? He's the Bob Mackenzie of the Canuck boards. Wish he'd come back for good.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Most accurate statement about anything to do with canucks hockey:

"Luongo could walk on water, and the majority of canucks fans would criticize him for not running."

I don't know why, but that quote just really gets me. :laugh:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

On the Internet, nothing is real. Trust nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad