Post-Game Talk: Sedins 6 - Blackhawks 3 || Everyone scores with Sedinery magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
In response to SnapIt – I don't wear hats to games, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't throw mine. They're not cheap, and I really only ever wear one or two, which aren't generic enough to be able to replace easily. Full admiration to those who do choose to give theirs up, though.

All those "die hard fans"
Seeing as there's not some massive Illinois expat community in Vancouver, you can bet those are just self-hating British Columbians for which the city is pretty famous. :rant:

What a ****ing first game to go to.

Mine was a boring lifeless 2-1 loss to the Sharks
Mine was a 7-2 loss to the Bruins in the 1989-90 season. :laugh:

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Sedins cementing their place in HOF with performances like this. Just off the wall in this one. You've got the hockey elite here with Toews and Kane and the Sedins are more than right with them. Unfortunate aspect is that the team will never bottom out and get that high end draft choice till they are gone.

Understand the ambivalence that some feel about wins but what a great game for the fans who pay the bills and attend these games.

Good games

Sedins - well yah

Hansen - can't take him off the Sedin line while he's playing like this. Guy you can play in any situation. btw was having Vrbata out a negative.

Prust - having him in the line up makes a difference. 4th line is much better with him on it.

Edler - looked more in control and steadier on the puck. Played well with the Sedins

Weak

Miller - nice stop on the Kane breakaway but he had to have the second goal. Maybe call him adequate but no better than that.

Higgins - Weak in his own end. I don't see him doing anything positive. Liked Virtanen better here. At least he is showing some offense.

Bartkowski - seems to be constant panic mode and rushing from one bad situation to another. Gets pushed back into his crease all the time.

Weber - sort of similar to Bartkowski. Only good in open ice and gets tied up in traffic in his own end. Teams can easily force turnovers out of him. Has trouble with any kind of speed.

Others

Kudos to Sbisa for at least going to the body. Little ragged early on but overall decent game

Not great but better by Horvat. Good job in the circle. However still needs to get to the positive side of the stats

Also Baertschi was better. Showing flashes of speed and improved work along the boards and in traffic. Does look like he is competing harder and playing better two way hockey.

Nice to win one like this but the Canucks obviously have to develop some secondary offense and it's hard to see where this will come from.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks guys! I've spent like 30 bucks on dranks!

So expensive. Jersey cost like 200 bucks too!

We will put together a pool for your next game. :laugh:

I don't want to even talk about the amount of cash I spent at the Canucks store in the last calendar year.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
In response to SnapIt – I don't wear hats to games, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't throw mine. They're not cheap, and I really only ever wear one or two, which aren't generic enough to be able to replace easily. Full admiration to those who do choose to give theirs up, though.
You can get them back after the game......

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Horvat needs to go to bed at 9 and eat more vegetables. The guy needs to play 18 min a night every night with energy. Hes on life support.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
pH1OdKK.png

wQT4T7j.png

zo3lLIL.png

osH71ko.png

Gorgeous pass from Hank for Danny's 2nd goal
The twins celebrate Dank's hattie in unison

Last edited:

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Horvat needs to go to bed at 9 and eat more vegetables. The guy needs to play 18 min a night every night with energy. Hes on life support.

Sutter can't come back sooner enough. Hopefully Willie gives him linemates for a proper run instead of a revolving door.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Probably over all the best game by the team... and well the twins are the team.

For the most part it really was a solid team game, some hiccups, and man is Kane fun to watch, that tying goal was all him.

Miller wasn't great, but he played better than Crawford.

Weber played better, and I thought it really helped Hamhuis out. Really for the most part the deffence didn't look great, but they seemed effective.

Also always fun to beat the Hawks.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The Canucks go as the Sedins go.

Best value players the Canucks have had in their history.

Other shoe didn't drop tonight. Just Danny's hattie :D

Is Prust like a good luck charm or something?

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Sven had (barely) more ice time than golden boy Dorsett
All is right in the world

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Sutter can't come back sooner enough. Hopefully Willie gives him linemates for a proper run instead of a revolving door.

No matter how agonzing it is. He's playing real minutes against every team's top line at 20 years old. If he can hang on. He's essentially a perrennial selke candidate.

He looks lost at times but this was the stanely cup champs at least.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What a game to watch

Sedins are amazing. I'm assuming I missed Y2K complaining about their possession numbers tonight.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
great to see prusty back. 4th line with him alongside dorse/cracknell changes things. they can forecheck and have decent hockey skills. besides fighting. passing for example. mainly from prust. sedins were vintage tonight. defense is still questionable every game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Trying to be patient with Higgins because he's missed so much time...but the guy just looks like he's lost his wheels....constantly getting beat to pucks and delivering next to nothing offensively.....I can't believe one of Shinkaruk, Gaunce or even Jensen couldn't bring as much to the table at this point in their careers.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Trying to be patient with Higgins because he's missed so much time...but the guy just looks like he's lost his wheels....constantly getting beat to pucks and delivering next to nothing offensively.....I can't believe one of Shinkaruk, Gaunce or even Jensen couldn't bring as much to the table at this point in their careers.

Gaunce maybe. Shinkaruk and Jensen I just don't see it.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Oh man, if you rewatch Dannys hattrick goal the twins celebrate simultaneously. Someone please gif it :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad