Second Time Around

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
How can Chris Osgood not be mentioned? :)

Honouary mention to Scott Ferguson as I believe he is the only Oilers player they signed twice as a free agent.

Fergy was a gem. Probably my second favorite player after Ulanov, he was as good a number 6/7 defenseman as you will find. I was in about row 10 when he scored a third-period winning goal for the Oilers against the hated Stars right in front of me, in about 2004. What are the odds? :laugh:

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Fergy was a gem. Probably my second favorite player after Ulanov, he was as good a number 6/7 defenseman as you will find. I was in about row 10 when he scored a third-period winning goal for the Oilers against the hated Stars right in front of me, in about 2004. What are the odds? :laugh:

Someone might figure those odds out. :)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brendan Shanahan left NJ in 1991 and was brought back in 2008. I would have to think that 17 years is the longest gap between two stints with the same team and would be interested if anyone can confirm that.

For Vancouver :

Trevor Linden wasn't the outstanding player he once was, but his return to Vancouver was a successful one and he provided solid two-way play for several years.

Harold Snepsts should never have been traded, and had a successful return to the club in 1988, helping them finish 3rd in the NHL in GAA in 1988-89.

I still find it weird to think of Geoff Sanderson as a Canuck, but he was a Canuck twice!

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
While not being a name for the History books just yet, Michael Leighton comes to mind.

Waived and picked up from waivers by Flyers.
And he is doing pretty good the other time around, dont you think?

MonzaSpyder

May 30, 2010
ON
Roberto Romano !!!
7 years between NHL and Pittsburgh starts. yeah I know, not nearly the same calibre, but still, 7 years!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad