Second Animal vs Animal finals in the row

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Well I guess I'll be the one to say it. Don't like names that aren't plural. Life is challenging enough. Why add to it with names that put us in uncomfortable grammatical territory? (Am you using Avalanche in the singular sense or the collective sense? Oh leave me alone!!)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Blues I'm not sure what to say, it's just a plain old noun.

The color blue, pl. blues, is adjective. I didn't think the music style blues before your post at all.

I don't appreciate them playing with us by having a note that is blue. Don't appreciate at all.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
The color blue, pl. blues, is adjective. I didn't think the music style blues before your post at all.

I don't appreciate them playing with us by having a note that is blue. Don't appreciate at all.

Adjectives can be plural? Mind. Blown.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
All NHL teams must have plural names. If you play for Ottawa, then you are a Senator. If you play for Anaheim, then you are a Duck. However, when you play for Colorado or Minnesota, you are not anything by yourself but maybe collectively. This is some serious communism stuff. No idea how NHL allows that to happen.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
All NHL teams must have plural names. If you play for Ottawa, then you are a Senator. If you play for Anaheim, then you are a Duck. However, when you play for Colorado or Minnesota, you are not anything by yourself but maybe collectively. This is some serious communism stuff. No idea how NHL allows that to happen.

Probably because of the same reason as wrestling.

Also, Tampa Bay Lightning. "Bolts". Do you know what you need for fastening or loosening bolts? Tools. Do you know who got tools? Right-o.

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Probably because of the same reason as wrestling.

Also, Tampa Bay Lightning. "Bolts". Do you know what you need for fastening or loosening bolts? Tools. Do you know who got tools? Right-o.

Carpenters. But at least one of them is dead. So that's out.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands

I suppose you could be a singular Colorado Snowflake.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
come on, at least let them be a chunk of ice :laugh:

"Junks of Ice" would be permission to print money, marketing-wise, and thusly would never be allowed because otherwise Colorado would get all the fun.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
... and so we call the highest paid/star player special snowflake!

Well. Wouldn't the fun erupt when he would get his ELC performance bonuses...

latest

...triggered.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
buffalo usually has a buffalo on thier logo thoguh, i never pictured them as being swords, always animals hahah i guess they are the only one that go after their city name rather than the team name

Buffalo has a buffalo over two swords as their logo.

:sabres

A sabre is, in fact, a sword.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
1st finals were you will see a lot of yellow especially when thhe game is played in Nashville.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The New Jersey Devils are named after the Jersey Devil, a beast of legend.

Per Wikipedia:

According to popular folklore, the Jersey Devil originated with a Pine Barrens resident known as Mother Leeds. The legend states that Mother Leeds had 12 children and, after finding she was pregnant for the 13th time, cursed the child in frustration, crying that the child would be the Devil. During 1735, Mother Leeds was in labor on a stormy night while her friends gathered around her. Born as a normal child, the 13th child changed to a creature with hooves, a goat's head, bat wings, and a forked tail. Growling and screaming, it killed the midwife before flying up the chimney and heading into the pines. In some versions of the tale, Mother Leeds was supposedly a witch and the child's father was the Devil himself. Some versions of the legend also state that there was subsequently an attempt by local clergymen to exorcise the creature from the Pine Barrens, or that the creature proceeded to kill local children.

So, yeah. Animal of some sort.

That legend is ****ing awesome!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Strictly speaking, Ducks and Penguins are birds and Sharks are fish. Not animals.

I'm interested in learning more about this.

Do you have a blog or podcast you can direct me towards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad