Prospect Info: Sebastian Collberg - (Part III: The Collberg Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How exactly did you know it wouldn't work out with his old coach? How do you explain that other young prospects are getting more of an opportunity?

He's not the first 19-year-old that has to keep working on his defence, nor is he the first that is getting a lack of ice time at the pro level because of it. Doesn't mean he's not developing..sure didn't look like a scruff at the U-20's.

Not much better places than the SHL to learn how to play an all around game...he wasn't going to learn it better in junior where he'd be given ice time even if he wasn't looking after his defensive responsibilities...no accountability is not what Collberg needed. Much better workout facilities in Frolunda than Saskatoon or Rimouski as well.

Some people points were that it WAS going to work 'cause he was going with a coach who loves him and adore him. My point was that his coach was not going to coach a junior team anymore and that he'll have to deal with pros, and play the vets just like most of the coaches would do, that loving him or not has not a whole of lot of relation between playing him or not. In the end, unless you are an exceptional, you are not going to play a lot. So I would have prefered to see him play more as I strongly believe he would based on the team we're icing in Hamilton. Does he has his own person to blame for his lack of playing time? Surely, has nothing is black or white. But the end-result is that I thought it would not have helped him icetime wise and in the end, it didn't.

You hear people talk and you really start to believe that the CHL is just that crappy circuit that never develops anybody. Since tons of players did develop there....why wouldn't he?

JMMR

Mar 21, 2006
Ottawa
Lock this thread.
I liked Collberg and still think he can be an NHLer but I am pumped!

Enjoy the Isles!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I still have faith in him but we have other similar prospects and there's legitimate questions.

I'll continue to root for Collberg though, good luck.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I still remember all the **** I caught on the first Collberg thread because I said he was redundant and was not scoring much while playing in a man's League.

Oh well.

The line starts here. :D

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I still remember all the **** I caught on the first Collberg thread because I said he was redundant and was not scoring much while playing in a man's League.

Oh well.

The line starts here. :D

You do realize the entire reason Collberg was traded was because he had value, right? Connor Crisp wasn't getting us Vanek, even for a rental.

habitue*

No that's because Snow doesn't know what he's doing. Collberg wasn't a top-10 prospect for us.

Snow was really stucked in the snow with Vanek. He got a little something for him.
Glad they did not gave him Tinordi, Beaulieu or our four first picks in last year draft for him.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Oh well, last report here (on Collberg, Lekhonen signing tomorrow I've heard :D), been playing really well lately, seems like he finally bought into the system, but unfortunately been out the last three games with an injury after taking a hit to the head. Might be precaution so he's ready to go when the playoffs starts, with only two games left of the regular season.

Interesting to see what happens now with Collberg with the Islanders organisation.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
You do realize the entire reason Collberg was traded was because he had value, right? Connor Crisp wasn't getting us Vanek, even for a rental.

Collberg had perceived value but he severely hampered his own career by playing in a league above his head so he could collect a paycheck.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Considering the ice-time he was getting I still liked the potential. Wish him the best but good trade for Bergevin.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Oh well, last report here (on Collberg, Lekhonen signing tomorrow I've heard :D), been playing really well lately, seems like he finally bought into the system, but unfortunately been out the last three games with an injury after taking a hit to the head. Might be precaution so he's ready to go when the playoffs starts, with only two games left of the regular season.

Interesting to see what happens now with Collberg with the Islanders organisation.

Go away on the NYI board :rant:

No seriously Thank you for all those updates

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx

That's not very good given his concussion history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad