Sebastian Aho Versus Artemi Panarin

Who's better?

• Total voters

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think that’s too high of a ranking for him, but I do think he is pretty close to that level and I am really curious to see how he would do on a team whose power play isn’t anemic.

Panarin would be on like a 110 pt pace if he had his regular PP production. He's got a 5v5 scoring rate of 3.0 P/60.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Really good poll. I think Panarin might still be slightly better right now, but I'd probably take Aho in the future. They actually debuted in the NHL one year apart, even though their age difference is 6 years. Since season one Panarin has been really good, hovering around PPG pace (looking to go over this season). Since he was already an internationally established player when he came in and because he is 27 already, I think he is somewhat "what you see is what you get" right now - with little room to improve.

Aho however has been improving tremendously every season, and seems to have the ingangibles to boot. Panarin is like an elite mercenary winger that's a great add to any team, but Aho is tracking to be a #1C with captain responsibilities and who you can use in every situation, scoring at PPG. Right now he has 10+ more points than his next best teammate at - again - the age of 21.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Really good poll. I think Panarin might still be slightly better right now, but I'd probably take Aho in the future. They actually debuted in the NHL one year apart, even though their age difference is 6 years. Since season one Panarin has been really good, hovering around PPG pace (looking to go over this season). Since he was already an internationally established player when he came in and because he is 27 already, I think he is somewhat "what you see is what you get" right now - with little room to improve.

Aho however has been improving tremendously every season, and seems to have the ingangibles to boot. Panarin is like an elite mercenary winger that's a great add to any team, but Aho is tracking to be a #1C with captain responsibilities and who you can use in every situation, scoring at PPG. Right now he has 10+ more points than his next best teammate at - again - the age of 21.

I don't think you can say Panarin is "what you see is what you get", and "mercenary winger" is not accurate. He's an elite line driver. A year and a half ago the story on Panarin was that he was an elite complementary winger, a guy who could rack up points if you put him with elite talent. Well actually he is the elite talent who boosts everyone else. His game has developed a lot since he got away from Kane and Chicago, where he wasn't supposed to carry the puck. Panarin is good at just about everything. People are still selling him short in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad