Sebastian Aho is on fire

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Depends. Will he be playing in front of a NHL-capable goaltender?

Yes, he's good, but that's not the real problem in Carolina.

We have 2 problems. Scoring and goaltending. We don't score nearly enough and we don't keep enough pucks out of the net. A big reason for this.....

If Aho's value goes up Carolina should finally pull the trigger on him for great value trade, their depth is too weak to compete for a play-offs spot in the next two seasons unless they go ham. It's a tricky question if you are willing to tank for 2-3 more years to build for the future or cash in for instant play-offs roster.

Is that we have way too many depth players and not enough top end players. We are very strong with depth players, and if the goal of hockey was to have as many excellent 2nd lines as possible on a roster, we'd be dominant. Unfortunately, we don't have top end scoring, and what little we do comes from Aho and Turbo. Seeing Aho continue his tear is great, and gives us hope and promise for the future, especially having the 2OA. Trading him would be unbelievably stupid for the franchise, and @tapi should feel bad for even suggesting it.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
This dude can't stop making ******ed hypeposts about finnish players on main boards. :huh:

Whenever there is a good reason for it! ;) I'm sorry brother you don't have to talk about Aho here if you don't want to. Even I know all of your comments are about Finnish players...:laugh:

Reactions: Ippenator

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Neighborhood kids in Denmark include Kane, McJesus etc? No **** their hockey is trending up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I guess not. Team Canada (10-1 with McDavid, Jost, Barzal, PLD each putting up 3 points) and Team USA(13-1 with McAvoy and Kane each putting up 5 points) did a lot more stat padding than Finland.

It's not stat padding when you do it to win. Aho is just stat padding, the losses against Denmark and Germany show Aho's true colors.

It takes two Ahos to tango, but just one to have fun.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think Aho is primed for a breakout year of 80+ points. He's just getting better and better.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Threads like this make me laugh. He is playing at the worlds against two very inferior teams...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Threads like this make me laugh. He is playing at the worlds against two very inferior teams...

He just scored a hat trick in a dominant win against the USA?

You do understand that the Worlds is more than just Finland, South Korea, and Latvia playing matches for funsies... right?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad