Seattle's YET still unnamed team

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
The only good names are the O6. So some combo of those, or it won't feel like an authentic NHL franchise.

So Seattle Black Leafs. Or Red Rangers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I assure you the CFL doesn't spent much time worrying about the NFL and it's weird example to come up with anyway.

The NFL has names like "The Browns" which has to be the single worst name in all of sports. Who;e we're at it, the Houston Texans is a pretty terrible name too. The Green Bay Packers is also an awful name and don't even get me started on the Washington Redskins.

They also, incredibly, had a team called the St. Louis Cardinals for nearly thirty years even though the baseball team in the same city was also called the St. Louis Cardinals. That is beyond stupid.
Houston absolutely should have been rebooted as the Oilers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
mascots

Squatch2005small.jpg
Didn’t know Parros was a hoops fan.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I assure you the CFL doesn't spent much time worrying about the NFL and it's weird example to come up with anyway.

The NFL has names like "The Browns" which has to be the single worst name in all of sports. Who;e we're at it, the Houston Texans is a pretty terrible name too. The Green Bay Packers is also an awful name and don't even get me started on the Washington Redskins.

They also, incredibly, had a team called the St. Louis Cardinals for nearly thirty years even though the baseball team in the same city was also called the St. Louis Cardinals. That is beyond stupid.

I would suggest that you stay out of Wisconsin for health reasons.

I see people around Milwaukee with Acme Packers jerseys every year.

What about the Portsmouth Spartans or the Decatur Staleys? Now we call them the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
I think wolves or cougars is fine, just don't make the branding look expansion/minor league tier

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think wolves or cougars is fine, just don't make the branding look expansion/minor league tier

I love the name Wolves, but there is already an OHL team with that name, which might be problematic and also there are very few Wolves in the Pacific Northwest, only about 125 at last count.

Cougars are a lot more common, but I feel like Seattle Cougars has a clunky sound to it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Seattle sea lions remember me of this music.

SO... no....
Nope!

And I actually belive they were to go with Seattle Totems. But someone pushed the hold button in the last minute, for some (very good) reason.

I live on the west coast, and seeing sea lions in person is a pretty good way to remember how insignificant we are.

I certainly don't think of the circus, and I made sure to keep my distance around them.

Anyways no matter how silly you think the animal is, seattle sea lions has a pretty good ring to it. It's the 3rd best name I've heard so far.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I love the name Wolves, but there is already an OHL team with that name, which might be problematic and also there are very few Wolves in the Pacific Northwest, only about 125 at last count.

Cougars are a lot more common, but I feel like Seattle Cougars has a clunky sound to it.

Also the Hartford wolf pack, and the Chicago wolves... (not sure if they still exist).

It's always a solid name, although a bit too unoriginal for me to love it.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Sockeyes? What’s intimidating about a fish? It’s like aqua man

HF007

Sep 9, 2008

I disagree with the clunky part, every team sound weird until you’re used to it.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Seattle Berenstain Bears for full impact

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad