Seattle's YET still unnamed team

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I hate almost every name I've heard honestly.

The more traditional to the area names are garbage, the aesthetic names are somewhat ok but don't strike any sort of 'fear' or 'action' into the game, and all others are just plain terrible.

I don't even want to sound like a debbie downer, but gosh there has to be something good...

Well, not that it makes a difference, but Ducks don't sound fear striking. Neither do Habs, or Senators or Oilers or even Canucks. Heck many other teams don't have any fear nor action names.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Seattle Sockeyes is pretty damn cool, and someone made a wicked mock up of how it could look. I'm all for this.

JZ2SQ0G1_GQAnaZhTNxDzoqEHpR1OAqPGf9J3nv-0Q0.jpg

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
If I could find where I would bet on the Seattle Roadrunners!!!
I would put 100$ right away. I have been thinking from 6 months.
Haven't heard any info, but this just popped in my head. :D

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Seattle Sockeyes is pretty damn cool, and someone made a wicked mock up of how it could look. I'm all for this.

Are sockeyes somehow connected to Seattle? I guess it could be anything, but a Salmon fish? They will get eaten by the Sharks!!! :D

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Don't the Canucks have Native Artwork with the killer whale? The whole Vancouver area airport and everywhere you go is the same.

I'd rather they be a little different than their close neighbors to the north.

Reactions: Morrison

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
Why don't they just license the swamp rabbits name and be done with it?

Is there even a point in naming hockey teams anything else going forward?

Reactions: Morrison

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I am in the, not overly impressed with any of the front runner names camp! I get going with area specific names, but Kraken and Sockeyes are really quite lame, and we already have the Canucks with an orca. Nothing great so far!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I looked at this thread, and thought the name was Seattle Yetis.

Actually, I kinda like it lol.

Yeti is Himalayan. Sasquatch is the name for a similar creature of the Pacific Northwest of North America.

Seattle Sasquatch has been by far my favourite out of all names mentioned and the biggest no brainer name out there. A big imposing figure that is actually tied to local mythology of the Seattle and Washington state area. Plus the logo could look awesome.

s-quatch.jpg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thankfully Kraken is off the list...My impression is that it'll be Totems, or a fish themed name (Steelheads, or Sockeye).

You'd have to think that Steelheads is off the table. If Vegas couldn't take the name "Knights" without adding golden on it because London already had it then why would they let Seattle have Steelheads when Mississauga already has it in the exact same Junior league that London plays in?

Maybe they will be the Seattle Golden Steelheads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad