Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
first 3 option, not likely to happen

leaving the 4th

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
The expansion fee is expected to be in the neighbourhood of $650 million. No way they don't get the same expansion draft treatment as Las Vegas. Owners and Bettman will decide, not the GMs.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
The expansion fee is expected to be in the neighbourhood of $650 million. No way they don't get the same expansion draft treatment as Las Vegas. Owners and Bettman will decide, not the GMs.

Not saying the rules will be different, saying that GM's will deal with those rules and the Seattle expansion team differently than they did with Vegas.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Not saying the rules will be different, saying that GM's will deal with those rules and the Seattle expansion team differently than they did with Vegas.

You could be right but I still believe Seattle is going to get a pretty decent playoff team out of the draft.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
They’ll be decent coming out of the gate, I just can’t imaginr they’ll have success Vegas has. This is the weakest the pacific divisions been in a long time. Who leaves the division? That’s a game changer I think. Is Edmonton going to be a force by then with mcdavid and draistle? What Vancouver LA San Jose gonna look like by then? Could still be the cream puff division but I mean if zona or Vancouver win the lottery this year their prolly a playoff team by then

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
All starts with the right hires - they'll need a strong management that are all on the same page like Vegas was. I really hope Gilman finds a job in Seattle, would be massive.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
This is the one case that thankfully we have a shitty set of Dmen and can protect all our better useful forwards, without being screwed over completely by Sutter/Eriksson NTC.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Loose reports that GM's already will not be making as many side deals to keep their players next time around.
These sides deals are where McPhee really took advantage and was able to stack the team.

i.e. CBJ gave up a 1st and Karlsson to save Korpisalo and shed salary (Clarkson).

I still don't know WTF kinda deal Florida made where they traded Reilly and still lost Marchessault.. like who did they save?
Ducks choose to trade Theodore and lose Stoner to save Manson?

Some teams would of been better off losing the players they traded assets to keep.. of course they may be talking about not repeating said mistakes.... in retrospect.
But in 2 years when it looks like they're about to lose their #4 dman or top 6 forward, we should still see a handful of those type of decisions being made.

But many of the other trades were reasonable.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I don't understand why people like the name Kraken so much, it has nothing to do with Seattle apart from being located on an ocean (which many teams are) and doesn't sound that good when it's spoken out loud. What is the plural of Kraken anyways? Krakens?

Considering that the Thunderbirds are still an existing team I say go with Totems. Seattle Totems just has a nice ring to it and could inspire some kick ass jerseys and apparel.

Green_Thunderbird_Jersey.1514995251.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand why people like the name Kraken so much, it has nothing to do with Seattle apart from being located on an ocean (which many teams are) and doesn't sound that good when it's spoken out loud. What is the plural of Kraken anyways? Krakens?

Considering that the Thunderbirds are still an existing team I say go with Totems. Seattle Totems just has a nice ring to it and could inspire some kick ass jerseys and apparel.

Those jerseys are great.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Yeah whoever did that rendering did a great job. Here is the homes from the same person, not as big of a fan but I love the old Metropolitans logos on the shoulder. Not crazy about the chest stripes either.

DQYHpAPVAAAGr1b.jpg

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
If the somehow get Gillis and Gilman they will be successfull real fast. Don't think it will happen but still would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad