Seattle Kraken Mock Expansion Draft with Trades

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
No chance Flyers are giving up their First and Second for Seattle to take Jake lmao. Uh no we'll keep Jake. 43 points, 35 of them coming at even strength. He was one of their better players this season, if Therrien wasn't a trash pp coach, Jake would of had a few more points.

The article says 2021 second round pick. No mention of a first. Even a second is iffy. I think they throw Jake, JVR and Ghost out there and say your move to Seattle.
The only way they give up a pick is if they are close to getting Eichel or Hamilton and need the cap space to do so, and I doubt they will be close on those two.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
The article says 2021 second round pick. No mention of a first. Even a second is iffy. I think they throw Jake, JVR and Ghost out there and say your move to Seattle.
The only way they give up a pick is if they are close to getting Eichel or Hamilton and need the cap space to do so, and I doubt they will be close on those two.
Yeah my mistake, still I agree with what you said but I'd protect Jake. He's not the problem. The depth scoring is along with bad coaching all around.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa doesn't have its 2021 1st to trade but if it's the 2022 1st they'll make that trade every day for them to pick Johnson.

Reactions: CMayton

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
May i ask why the goalie picks and trades... I feel seattle would struggle badly with some of those decisions.

CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
May i ask why the goalie picks and trades... I feel seattle would struggle badly with some of those decisions.
Seattle will pick 30 players and their opening night roster will be 23 players, so it's reasonable to assume that they're going to ship out some of the players they picked. Vegas did this with a lot of defensemen they picked (Methot, Emelin, van Riemsdyk). It's just a matter of where they are going to find the most value. Looking at what might be available to them, I thought it made sense to pick a couple extra defensemen and a couple extra goalies to trade. They might think see the value elsewhere.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I don't think that 23 man roster would meet the requirements of the draft. They will be forced to take some useless higher salary players in order to get to the cap floor as they must. I think I saw somewhere that they would need 8-10 players earning over 5 million to reach it.

CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
I don't think that 23 man roster would meet the requirements of the draft. They will be forced to take some useless higher salary players in order to get to the cap floor as they must. I think I saw somewhere that they would need 8-10 players earning over 5 million to reach it.
At the draft they need to take on $48.9 million of cap hits. This team takes on $53.3M. They would need to reach the floor of $60.2 million before the season starts. I'll bet there won't be a shortage of teams willing to dump salary on them and will pay picks to do so.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
No chance Flyers are giving up any picks for Seattle to take Jake. Uh no we'll keep Jake. 43 points, 35 of them coming at even strength. He was one of their better players this season, if Therrien wasn't a trash pp coach, Jake would of had a few more points.

While I do agree with this, It always amazes me on this site that when a player plays well, he gets the credit and when he doesn't play well, its due to poor coaching.

Give and Go

Mock Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft – NHL Trade Rumors

Lots of words, but here's the end result:

image-1.png
Studnicka from Boston?
What the hell kind of mock draft is this? He can't even be selected. And they arent going to make a trade to lose him. This is nonsense tbh

Reactions: mattihp

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
reading the roster I was like... sweet the Devils got a pass and they didn't take anyone, then I read they took Bastian and traded him to the Rangers.... don't let this become reality, they take Bastian but please don't trade him to New York

CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
My build for Seattle is here:

TF Hockey's Seattle Kraken Build - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I would really appreciate everyone's input to fix any issues.
Few things I would look at:
- I think Kunin is high on the list of forwards Nashville would protect.
- I don't think Seattle would claim Panik unless they were paid to, and I don't think Detroit is a team that would pay to be alleviated of their cap commitments.
- Minnesota could easily protect Dumba (but that's a new development that may not have been the case when you did this)
- Can't imagine claiming Backlund would be worth it. Think Calgary would have a more attractive defenseman available.

But overall, it looks good!

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Few things I would look at:
- I think Kunin is high on the list of forwards Nashville would protect.
- I don't think Seattle would claim Panik unless they were paid to, and I don't think Detroit is a team that would pay to be alleviated of their cap commitments.
- Minnesota could easily protect Dumba (but that's a new development that may not have been the case when you did this)
- Can't imagine claiming Backlund would be worth it. Think Calgary would have a more attractive defenseman available.

But overall, it looks good!

Thanks man, and you're right, it was before the massive buyouts and the Keith trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad