CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
Mock Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft – NHL Trade Rumors

Lots of words, but here's the end result:

image-1.png

CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
He didn't play enough games, I would suggest to use the option on capfriendly
It says he's not exempt. Games played doesn't factor in to exempt/not exempt. You might be thinking of the requirement to expose one defenseman who has reached GP thresholds for the last one/two seasons.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Hawks are probably protecting Stillman instead of Zadorov

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Couple of things for the sharks.

Balcers will be protected no doubt. Your options will likely be Simek, Burns, Gambrell or Donato. I suspect you take Gambrell or Simek

Dunn is not very likely to be a target for the sharks. Our LHD position has three solid guys right now and two young guys with lots of potential. They could easily get one more if the sharks draft a D man high such as Power. They much more critically lack a goalie and a 3C, so those are more likely to be sources of a trade.

CMayton

Dec 20, 2020
Couple of things for the sharks.

Balcers will be protected no doubt. Your options will likely be Simek, Burns, Gambrell or Donato. I suspect you take Gambrell or Simek

Dunn is not very likely to be a target for the sharks. Our LHD position has three solid guys right now and two young guys with lots of potential. They could easily get one more if the sharks draft a D man high such as Power. They much more critically lack a goalie and a 3C, so those are more likely to be sources of a trade.
Well-reasoned, constructive criticism. Not what I was expecting!

With Dunn, it wasn't about identifying LD as their biggest need, but identifying the Sharks as a team that could protect another D and pick one up at good value.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Well-reasoned, constructive criticism. Not what I was expecting!

With Dunn, it wasn't about identifying LD as their biggest need, but identifying the Sharks as a team that could protect another D and pick one up at good value.
It could happen and I actually wouldn’t be upset at all. I think the sharks will probably decide to spend that second round pick elsewhere though to bolster another position. However if the sharks pick a forward in the draft and lose Simek somehow, it would make a little more sense to spend an asset on Dunn.

Reactions: CMayton

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
No chance Flyers are giving up any picks for Seattle to take Jake. Uh no we'll keep Jake. 43 points, 35 of them coming at even strength. He was one of their better players this season, if Therrien wasn't a trash pp coach, Jake would of had a few more points.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
We have to take into account the choice of Seattle. Owen Power or Matthew Benier will take a chair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->