NHL Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft & Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
My biggest issue with Zboril is that he just can never get his shot through to the net. I don’t mean shooting to score either.

Just miss after miss after miss. With a block in their for good measure. I don’t have the stats in front of me but at one point I believe he was among the league worst

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
My biggest issue with Zboril is that he just can never get his shot through to the net. I don’t mean shooting to score either.

Just miss after miss after miss. With a block in their for good measure. I don’t have the stats in front of me but at one point I believe he was among the league worst
It was super frustrating to watch. However none of our defensemen seemed to be able to get their shots through. Hopefully we keep Reilly.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
The Kraken have a good Twitter account. So does Carolina. A little good humor & not taking yourself all that seriously go a long way. At least with me.
I agree for the most part but Canes Twitter can be quite obnoxious sometimes. They managed to get blocked by the Preds.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Zboril's lack of sound decision making is what keeps him from being a stud. No amount of training nor time can fix that. Even routine plays becomes a struggle when his mind is not into it.

Are you saying you don't make better decisions now than when you were 24? Of course time and training (and experience and maturity) can fix this to a degree. These guys aren't automatically frozen in time at some specific developmental point. Some never do get past there, that is true, but it isn't a truism. Zboril has time to get there.

Last edited:

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
FRANCIS SHOULD PULL AN NBA MOVE :
REACH OUT TO 9 HIGH END PLAYERS YOUR TRULY INTERESTED IN : ( Bring the band together for 1 year run ) preferebly guys who have yet to put on a ring or are
hungry for one more :
price, weber, giordano, landeskog, voracek, ovechkin, teresenko, hall, krejci, ( 9 x 5million each on the cap )
45 million on the cap
35 million to fill out rest of roster

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Middle of summer so haven't been able to follow as much.

I'd actually prefer Seattle take Zboril instead of Lauzon or Clifton. Plus, Zboril has a better chance of Kraken their lineup.

Ryan Suter could be a plus for the Bruins, but they have other needs. He could QB the PP, though Grizz seemed to grow more comfortable in that role. Just can't overpay, as Boston won't be his only suitor.

Price is a no-lose situation for the Habs. They either keep their franchise goalie or shed a problematic contract. Is Bergevin bluffing leaving him exposed? I Danault.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA

I'd actually prefer Seattle take Zboril instead of Lauzon or Clifton. Plus, Zboril has a better chance of Kraken their lineup.

Ryan Suter could be a plus for the Bruins, but they have other needs. He could QB the PP, though Grizz seemed to grow more comfortable in that role. Just can't overpay, as Boston won't be his only suitor.

Price is a no-lose situation for the Habs. They either keep their franchise goalie or shed a problematic contract. Is Bergevin bluffing leaving him exposed? I Danault.

I see what you did there - multiple times....well done.

Agreed - if they take Zboril I'll be a happy camper.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

Oh...this year will be good.

Reactions: Aeroforce

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Goodrow is not better than Ritchie. That is a fact.

Nope. If Richie was a UFA do you think anyone would be willing to give him $3,6 million a year for SIX years? Teams were lining up to bid on Goodrow. Ritchie may not even get a qualifying offer.

Goodrow is fast, physical and brings tons of energy. He’s an elite penalty killer. When Tampa was trying to preserve a 1 goal lead to win the Cup, he’s the guy they had out there blocking Weber’s shot. He’s the guy that created the turnover that led to that diving goal by Coleman. The guy is a competitor and a leader who sets the pace for his line with his work ethic... He’s a Marty Lapointe type that everyone wants.

Ritchie may be more talented than Goodrow but I don’t think there is a GM in the league that would take Ritchie over Goodrow as a player.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Nope. If Richie was a UFA do you think anyone would be willing to give him $3,6 million a year for SIX years? Teams were lining up to bid on Goodrow. Ritchie may not even get a qualifying offer.

Goodrow is fast, physical and brings tons of energy. He’s an elite penalty killer. When Tampa was trying to preserve a 1 goal lead to win the Cup, he’s the guy they had out there blocking Weber’s shot. He’s the guy that created the turnover that led to that diving goal by Coleman. The guy is a competitor and a leader who sets the pace for his line with his work ethic... He’s a Marty Lapointe type that everyone wants.

Ritchie may be more talented than Goodrow but I don’t think there is a GM in the league that would take Ritchie over Goodrow as a player.
tenor.gif

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Are you saying you don't make better decisions now that when you were 24? Of course time and training (and experience and maturity) can fix this to a degree. These guys are automatically frozen in time at some specific developmental point. Some never do get past there, that is true, but it isn't a truism. Zboril has time to get there.
You can't compare regular peoples life with professional athletes lives.
Zboril won't have all the time he needs to get better... decision making at the pro level, you have it or you don't. Teams can help you fine tune your skills and understanding of the game...but they can't help you with what you don't have.

Zboril time is ticking down. Same as Senyshyn was 2 years ago... speaking of Senyshyn...how those 2 last years have help him be a regular NHL player. How long before you and the superfans call it quits?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Decline? He never inclined 1st

Jones at 26 ...with his capability.... no injury history.... no way thats a decline. Sounds like "depression" and a change of scenery would do him good imo

Depression? Isn’t that just a fancy word for feeling “bummed out”?

Reactions: sarge88

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You can't compare regular peoples life with professional athletes lives.
Zboril won't have all the time he needs to get better... decision making at the pro level, you have it or you don't. Teams can help you fine tune your skills and understanding of the game...but they can't help you with what you don't have.

Zboril time is ticking down. Same as Senyshyn was 2 years ago... speaking of Senyshyn...how those 2 last years have help him be a regular NHL player. How long before you and the superfans call it quits?

I can and I will :eek:. Less time, but the learning and development is also very compressed and lot more is worked on in a shorter time, so it evens out. I do not believe that it is something you cannot improve on, because we see guys do it all the time. I hate to use the obvious example but Brad Marchand is one. Charlie McAvoy is another. Matt Grz for that matter. All three are better at hockey decision making now than when they were rookies or in Providence. Connor Clifton is a really good example of this, actually. In fact, I would go so far as to say that very few players come into the league with their pro-level decision-making and hockey sense anywhere close to fully developed. If what you say is true, then no player with bad hockey sense or questionable decision making abilities would ever get drafted because teams would know right off that they are lost causes and will never amount to anything as pros. Yet they draft them all the time because they know that it can be improved. Again, not for everyone, but enough that it makes these guys worth selecting if other things are there.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
If you are contending for a cup and he's on your fourth line sure, because he blows. Thank Christ the Rangers are saving us from even thinking about signing this scrub
He played 13-18 minutes a night for the best team in the entire league... Clearly he's important if Tampa relied on him that much. He is a two time Stanley Cup champion who was a big part of why they won. He's the furthest thing from a scrub.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I can and I will :eek:. Less time, but the learning and development is also very compressed and lot more is worked on in a shorter time, so it evens out. I do not believe that it is something you cannot improve on, because we see guys do it all the time. I hate to use the obvious example but Brad Marchand is one. Charlie McAvoy is another. Matt Grz for that matter. All three are better at hockey decision making now than when they were rookies or in Providence. Connor Clifton is a really good example of this, actually. In fact, I would go so far as to say that very few players come into the league with their pro-level decision-making and hockey sense anywhere close to fully developed. If what you say is true, then no player with bad hockey sense or questionable decision making abilities would ever get drafted because teams would know right off that they are lost causes and will never amount to anything as pros. Yet they draft them all the time because they know that it can be improved. Again, not for everyone, but enough that it makes these guys worth selecting if other things are there.
Again...you're comparing players that already had a good decision making... not pro level decision making, but like you said they were coached and trained...Zboril lacks that good decision making to begin with. Drafting is a crap shot... the porcentage of failure versus success speaks for itself. Anyway let's agree to disagree on this one...time will tell.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He played 13-18 minutes a night for the best team in the entire league... Clearly he's important if Tampa relied on him that much. He is a two time Stanley Cup champion who was a big part of why they won. He's the furthest thing from a scrub.

He's forth liner and should be paid like one. His 3 goals in 43 games sure help them win two cups. He's a scrub.

Ritchie any day for me.

Reactions: TSBruins13

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
He's forth liner and should be paid like one. His 3 goals in 43 games sure help them win two cups. He's a scrub.

Ritchie any day for me.
Goodrow killed penalties, blocked shots, stuck up for teammates, and was involved in some pretty important goals that helped Tampa win the cup. If Ritchie isn't scoring tap ins he's completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad