News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Given the lack of talent that appears to be getting exposed in the expansion draft they will certainly pick Eberle.
There is a thing called 'Salary Floor' and the Expansion team has to reach the salary floor
and if teams aren't making deals with Seattle then Ron Francis is forced to have to add salary somehow.

Donskoi/RNH/Arvidsson would have been a decent top line for Seattle, now they are looking at Eberle/Kerfoot/Zucker as their top line.
Ron Francis has overplayed his hand and his team is getting screwed with how teams keeping making deals between each other.
Eberle isn’t a first line player and no one has any idea who Seattle will pick from the Islanders. They will likely go d heavy with Leddy.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Can Seattle conduct medical evaluations? (e.g., on Weber)

Even if they could, what are they gonna tell him? Hey Shea, our doctor says you can play so you better jump on the ice. With the respect Weber has earned around the league as a tough guy playing through injuries, that’s not happening. And everybody seems to be seeing conspiracies where there is not. I’m thinking Weber’s career is over, simple as that

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

Kracken, you will take Butcher from the Devs, you will take him, you will take him...
9%2BHYPNOSIS.gif

Reactions: dukeofjive

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They are needed by tomorrow at 5:00PM (EDT) and will be released to the public on Sunday by the NHL... when the announcement was made, no time was provided with the statement, maybe there's a time now (??)

There's also a league submission today to confirm the validity of your protection list.
Very likely there may be some leaks from some teams.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

Francis drafts Carter, eats half his remaining salary and flips him for assets to a team tight against the cap perhaps? 1 year of Carter at $1.3Mish should get something decent

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Francis drafts Carter, eats half his remaining salary and flips him for assets to a team tight against the cap perhaps? 1 year of Carter at $1.3Mish should get something decent

That's not a bad idea. If he does well during the regular season his value would be pretty high at the '22 trade deadline (If Seattle is out of the playoff race by then that is).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Francis just continues to price himself out of negotiations. He's lost out on any kind of deal with Minny for Dumba or even any deal with Minny so they can protect Dumba now with the Suter and Praise buyouts. He's lost out on Graves with the trade to NJ. He's lost out with the Yandle buyout.

Reactions: HBK27

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Francis just continues to price himself out of negotiations. He's lost out on any kind of deal with Minny for Dumba or even any deal with Minny so they can protect Dumba now with the Suter and Praise buyouts. He's lost out on Graves with the trade to NJ. He's lost out with the Yandle buyout.
Still 27 teams to go. He only needs a few to cash in. If teams don't want to pay his prices they can get out of the line.

I love this idea that Francis has to give the store away for deep discounts or even for free. I don't blame him for setting his prices and standing by them.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Still 27 teams to go. He only needs a few to cash in. If teams don't want to pay his prices they can get out of the line.

I love this idea that Francis has to give the store away for deep discounts or even for free. I don't blame him for setting his prices and standing by them.

I think it's turning into the opposite actually. They are telling Francis to get out of line and just refusing to make any deals with him. He just lost out on easy assets from 3 teams. Now he gets their scraps. Have a feeling this is going to continue to happen.

Reactions: viper0220

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Boston is prettymuch boned. If Kase weren't hurt I'd say they should move him plus Moore & a bunch of sweeteners.

They might have to bite the bullet & lose Debrusk or Lauzon.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think it's turning into the opposite actually. They are telling Francis to get out of line and just refusing to make any deals with him. He just lost out on easy assets from 3 teams. Now he gets their scraps. Have a feeling this is going to continue to happen.
So just because 3 teams chose to not deal with Francis but others you came to the conclusion that nobody wants to deal with him?

I guess time will tell. We won't find out about the side deals till right after the expansion time so it is not that long of a wait to see if your 'analysis' is accurate.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Honestly, look at few teams who screwed themselves already trying to protect players. So far I see it going as planned even better than I thought. Some of the buyouts been brutal and few teams in financial trouble with salary cap. Let them continue the massacre and in many years going to be not able to afford good free agents. If they continue to play it safe going to be clear for many years affording top free agents

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
What do you guys think, will the Seattle team be good as the Vegas Golden Knights.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So just because 3 teams chose to not deal with Francis but others you came to the conclusion that nobody wants to deal with him?

I guess time will tell. We won't find out about the side deals till right after the expansion time so it is not that long of a wait to see if your 'analysis' is accurate.

No I'm not saying no one wants to deal with him but he just priced himself out of 3 solid defencemen. His picks went from Dumba, Graves and Forsling to what Soucy or Rask? Nichushkin or Compher? Hornqvist? He likely could have gotten more from those teams in side deals than any of those players will fetch him in trades if he had more reasonable prices. It's telling when teams are more willing to shoot themselves in the foot long term than pay his prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad