News: Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I thought he flat out retired....didn't he?

Surprising.

Maybe this'll finally clear up the bloated, three-headed monster Dallas has in net, with Dobby and Otter sharing the crease next season.

Assuming Seattle snaps up Bishop, anyway.

Bishop hasn't exactly been a healthy player as of late.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I thought he flat out retired....didn't he?

Surprising.

Maybe this'll finally clear up the bloated, three-headed monster Dallas has in net, with Dobby and Otter sharing the crease next season.

Assuming Seattle snaps up Bishop, anyway.

Is Bishop still capable of playing? I was wondering about the Dallas goalie situation primarily because there seems to be a heavy push from the Vancouver media to sell the idea of Seattle taking Holtby, which I think is nonsense. Looking at Bishop it seems he sat out the entire year with a knee injury, at 34 will he be able to come back from that?

Personally looking at the expansion I think Seattle's goaltending will come down to Bishop or Allen as the short term 1A and whoever Washington doesn't protect as the long term 1B.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton's protection list is pretty obvious at the moment, but trades are possible given our hole in net.

Forwards - McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Pulujarvi, Yamamoto, Kassian, Archibald (this is the one question mark)
Defense - Nurse, Keith, Bear
Goalie - Jeff Skinner

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Edmonton's protection list is pretty obvious at the moment, but trades are possible given our hole in net.

Forwards - McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Pulujarvi, Yamamoto, Kassian, Archibald (this is the one question mark)
Defense - Nurse, Keith, Bear
Goalie - Jeff Skinner

Stuart Skinner. Because Jeff Skinner in Edmonton would be Buffalo fans wet dreams.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
It’s actual complete bullshit the NHL is still allowing Vegas to be exempt from the expansion draft. The fact they’ve made the conference finals 3 out of 4 seasons of their existence and are still exempt is a bad look for the league imo.
It is but the expansion rules were put into place well before that. Seattle has been planned when Vegas was originally coming into the league. In fact the talks were that Seattle was going to come in the same year as Vegas. However Seattle did not have an ownership group that applied for expansion when the initial expansion work was done.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I hope Max Jones enjoys Seattle.
Maybe he can grow Kurt Cobain hair and have a jersey with knee holes like Kurt's jeans.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
It’s actual complete bullshit the NHL is still allowing Vegas to be exempt from the expansion draft. The fact they’ve made the conference finals 3 out of 4 seasons of their existence and are still exempt is a bad look for the league imo.
Hah! It wasn't hard at all to convince the other owners to unanimously take $1 million more each to give Vegas the full exemption. Blame your own greedy owner who wanted the extra bucks.

Reactions: viper0220

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

I think it’s a safe bet Vegas would be happy to lose a player in the expansion draft in exchange for a $30m share of the Seattle franchise fee.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Youre on the list !
iu

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
All the analysts laugh at the organizations that gave up multiple assets instead of letting Vegas take just one player. They claim that teams have learned and won't make the same mistake this time.

But then the analysts will also say that whoever receives the best player in a trade wins the trade.

So for instance, take what Minnesota did. They protected Dumba by getting rid of Haula and Tuch. At the time, Dumba was by far the best player/asset in the trade. So was it dumb because they gave up more than one player? Or was it smart because they were able to keep the best player?

Get your crap straight analysts. You sound stupid.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Vegas is in cap hell and don't get free cap relief by being exempt. Now if they want seattle to help them, it's going to cost them assets.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
No thanks, super soft.
Given the lack of talent that appears to be getting exposed in the expansion draft they will certainly pick Eberle.
There is a thing called 'Salary Floor' and the Expansion team has to reach the salary floor
and if teams aren't making deals with Seattle then Ron Francis is forced to have to add salary somehow.

Donskoi/RNH/Arvidsson would have been a decent top line for Seattle, now they are looking at Eberle/Kerfoot/Zucker as their top line.
Ron Francis has overplayed his hand and his team is getting screwed with how teams keeping making deals between each other.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
So will Seattle have any access to medical records or medical information? Because I think between now and the draft, a lot of teams will try to make noise about how injured their players, like Bishop or Weber, are in an attempt to prevent them from being taken. How true these claims are would be reflected in the medical records, so I wonder whether Seattle has any access to those.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
But they're not getting $20 million in cash. Every other team is.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Given the lack of talent that appears to be getting exposed in the expansion draft they will certainly pick Eberle.
There is a thing called 'Salary Floor' and the Expansion team has to reach the salary floor
and if teams aren't making deals with Seattle then Ron Francis is forced to have to add salary somehow.

Donskoi/RNH/Arvidsson would have been a decent top line for Seattle, now they are looking at Eberle/Kerfoot/Zucker as their top line.

As an Islanders fan I much rather we lose Eberle than Leddy, which means Francis probably feels the same. Only thing that works in Eberle's favor is he has 3 years on his deal compared to 1

My guess is many of Seattle's high priced picks might be made getting teams to give up a draft pick to take a higher priced player though, that and I can see them save some capspace for UFAs or even till UFA signing day where they might be able to get a decent player and a pick from a team looking to sign a better player but needing capspace.

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
So will Seattle have any access to medical records or medical information? Because I think between now and the draft, a lot of teams will try to make noise about how injured their players, like Bishop or Weber, are in an attempt to prevent them from being taken. How true these claims are would be reflected in the medical records, so I wonder whether Seattle has any access to those.

Bishop missed all of last season and Weber's career could be pretty much over.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Has to do with they paid over $500 million to get a team.

Reactions: viper0220

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
As an Islanders fan I much rather we lose Eberle than Leddy, which means Francis probably feels the same. Only thing that works in Eberle's favor is he has 3 years on his deal compared to 1

My guess is many of Seattle's high priced picks might be made getting teams to give up a draft pick to take a higher priced player though, that and I can see them save some capspace for UFAs or even till UFA signing day where they might be able to get a decent player and a pick from a team looking to sign a better player but needing capspace.
Eberle makes too much sense to them to pick.
Atm i am thinking their best bet is a Eberle/Henrique/Zucker top line in Seattle.
A few weeks ago it looked like they'd have Donskoi/Nugent-Hopkins/Arvidsson top line but that has vanished after the most recent trade of Graves to NJ.

Even if Seattle signs Hamilton + Landeskog they would still be missing a decent center and Kerfoot is their 1C if they don't pick Henrique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: