Seattle hires Dave Tippett as advisor

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What's he gonna advise them on?
Probably hockey decisions I would guess... lol.

Honestly though, I'd guess it would be something regarding developing a type of system that they want to try to utilize and how they're going to try to build the team after establishing a system.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What's he gonna advise them on?

I'm assuming he will be their first Head Coach.

However they can't hire him as Head Coach as they don't have a head coaching position as they don't have an NHL team yet.

So he just joined this group as a paid advisor right now.

It's possible a current NHL team was offering him some sort of position, and Seattle wanted him so bad, they offered to start paying him now.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Probably hockey decisions I would guess... lol.

Honestly though, I'd guess it would be something regarding developing a type of system that they want to try to utilize and how they're going to try to build the team after establishing a system.
Wouldn't it be better to hire someone who has experience in that. Rather than a former coach?

Reactions: Yandover

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I'm assuming he will be their first Head Coach.

However they can't hire him as Head Coach as they don't have a head coaching position as they don't have an NHL team yet.

So he just joined this group as a paid advisor right now.

It's possible a current NHL team was offering him some sort of position, and Seattle wanted him so bad, they offered to start paying him now.
He may not be coaching for 3 years though. Kinda strange.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
I feel like he may ultimately be their choice as general manager by his comments and the positioning of this announcement.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wouldn't it be better to hire someone who has experience in that. Rather than a former coach?
I mean... The coach is the one who is going to be implementing the system, so getting input from a former coach could be very useful... It is being speculated that this is going to eventually lead to a head coaching job, but they can't hire him because they don't technically have a coaching position yet.

Tippett was also involved as a exec. VP of Hockey Ops with the Coyotes, so he does have some front-office experience.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Was hoping that a opportunity like that would've intrigued Chiarelli enough to leave the Oilers...still hope though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad