GDT: Season Opener: Red Wings @ Devils - 7:30 P.M. - ESPN+/Hulu/TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
The real missing ingredient(s) from tonight's victory:

erika wachter.jpg

We'll be cookin for real tomorrow night.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There is a dude in my... i guess i live in a development. Anyway. I'm walking my dog... i hear wood chopping. Nervous dog was sketched but moved along. We walked past - and sure enough this mother f***er is chopping wood in his yard with his pet duck hanging out watching.

I need to reevaluate my life.

Sorry. Also me . With the cooler weather setting in I wanted to stockpile some wood for the fireplace. The duck is my spotter.

Camille the Eel

Never mind.

Looks like Krappo is in net for the Sharks tonight. He came out during the full team intros they do in home openers with his mask on. The other guy skated out to the ice in a ball cap.
So Bleed, what’s your view on the Hamilton game winner (or should have been game winner)? Soft goal on Husso or not?

At first it looked to me like we had a flash screen crossing in front of him, but in slow motion it looked like our guy had cleared out with plenty of time for him to pick up the shot. Maybe his own guy was screening him?

If I’m a Detroit fan I very probably don’t like that goal.

My3Sons

Sponsor
So Bleed, what’s your view on the Hamilton game winner (or should have been game winner)? Soft goal on Husso or not?

At first it looked to me like we had a flash screen crossing in front of him, but in slow motion it looked like our guy had cleared out with plenty of time for him to pick up the shot. Maybe his own guy was screening him?

To be fair that shot looked like it was curving

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Nico line was pretty meh, not worried
Jack was good, Bratt and Toffoli were decent.
3rd line was great, I thought Haula felt off until the 3rd period
4th line was fantastic, I'd like to get Nate in tomorrow but don't know if you can sit any of them.

1st pair was solid but Dougie seemed a little too eager to jump up the ice
2nd pair was solid
Luke was great, I want Miller in for Smith tomorrow

VV was a rock
4th line was fantastic? They combined for perhaps 2 shots on net and mcleod seemed to be benched after debrincat goal

My3Sons

Sponsor
They were clearly better the final 40 minutes and looking at the game as a whole played a strong game.

The first period they expected it to be easy and played sloppy

First 8 or so games is crapshoot hockey for the entire league. Lets lay off the criticism for a bit.

Oh now you say that. 15 minutes ago I was a jerk for slurring a couple of words.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The first period they expected it to be easy and played sloppy

Yeah I think breezing through the preseason probably got to them a bit but it didn’t end up mattering. Vitek saved their ass in the first as well as the Wings just being completely inept and fanning on multiple wide open nets. Got out of there tied and they took control the rest of the way

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hmmm…… definitely fair point and it looked a bit almost Blackwood-esque where he’s screened by the most minuscule of screens, but I do think it was a little more of a screen than the most minuscule of screens.

There’s a few bodies in front of him on the behind the net cam replay of the goal, at least there are at the time Dougie takes the shot.

I didn’t nail him on that one, but I certainly respect someone with the perspective that the goalie could have had that one.

However……. Both of the Hughes goals were not good. Reverse VH on the first goal and second goal very cleanly eludes his glove, although it’s harder when the shooter cuts across like that. But that looked like it might have even went just under his glove or even through his glove arm.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
There is a dude in my... i guess i live in a development. Anyway. I'm walking my dog... i hear wood chopping. Nervous dog was sketched but moved along. We walked past - and sure enough this mother f***er is chopping wood in his yard with his pet duck hanging out watching.

I need to reevaluate my life.

I just want to add - this is a true story. I'll get a picture at some point.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
PK needs to be worked on. Seemed like the Wings could just walk in front and cause chaos at will whenever they got set. Devils D needs to stop pinching low and getting themselves caught out of position.

Debrincat’s goal Siegenthaler just went flying into the corner waving his stick around and got caught. Gave Larkin the opp to just walk into the slot.

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad